Obnoxious REAL Football Trash Talking Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap I think we have FIVE college football fans on here now! It's gettin good ladies and gentlemen! lol

God I miss the Swamp. We moved from Gainesville, FL here in June. Don't miss FL at all, but dangit if I don't miss being that close to UF.

Btw, regarding the accounting thing... I've been an accountant (or at least pretended to be!) for a while and I do work with numbers currently but that isn't a hard and fast rule on the list. Just looked into my gut and spewed where I rated them. Underdog really does go a long way but you'll note even if Hawaii was the underdog against AU for the national title I still couldn't bring myself to hope for them to win even if the announcers dogged them. Now maybe if it was for a chance for Hawaii to play for a NC and AU was having a poor year already or something or it wouldn't really affect them to lose it for some reason then *maybe* but then still only *maybe*.

USC: The only school I threatened to disown my daughter if she considered attending. I don't care if she chooses any other school in California or even the ever-evil Michigan by contrast. My hatred for them is an ever increasing mountain with no apparent peak. I'm just surprised they got slapped with "real" sanctions for a change and they didn't get redirected on Alabama St.[/QUOTE said:
Wait an Auburn fan calling out USC for cheating? Thats pretty bold, don't you remeber a guy named Cam Newton? Or what about this;

Auburn has had seven major NCAA violations in its past, most involving paying and buying athletes.

This makes Auburn by far the worst NCAA violator in the SEC, and yet Auburn fans bristle and act indignant if someone dares to suggest that Auburn could be involved in the Cam and Cecil Newton pay for play situation?

Auburn fans remind anyone who dares accuse Auburn of any wrongdoing involving Cecil Newton or anyone claiming that Cam Newton was aware of what his father was up to that there is no proof.

The NCAA did say, “Based on the information available to the reinstatement staff at this time, we do not have sufficient evidence that Cam Newton or anyone from Auburn was aware of this activity.”

Or how about this;

After Pat Dye resigned, Terry Bowden, the son of college football legend Bobby Bowden, was hired to replace Dye in 1993.

Bowden said the program he inherited in 1993 included an elaborate system of paying star high school players up to $15,000 to sign with Auburn and $600 per month while on the team.

“Bowden said he learned of the major NCAA infractions within days of being named Auburn ’s head coach, but kept quiet while trying to clean up the program from within.” I broke the rules,” Bowden said. “I told Wayne Hall to pay it off to the players we already had and it will never happen again.”

I hear you. Although I would have to eliminate the possibility of a loophole that would have me going for any team against UF. Never could in any situation.

Funny I got the accountant thing. I am a number nerd myself (not an acct though), and I can usually spot a fellow n.n. from a mile away. ;)

Dude, with all due respect right now only the Buffalo's and the non-AQs are jealous of Michigan. That said, my reason for such spite towards Michigan has zero to do with the school itself.

Wait an Auburn fan calling out USC for cheating? Thats pretty bold, don't you remeber a guy named Cam Newton? Or what about this;
You'll note I never claimed innocence on the Newton thing. Whether he's being honest or dishonest for his part of it (I suspect dishonest before you bother asking or just rampantly guessing again...) and since you were so kind to pick up and run with my USC hypocrisy... USC has a terrific history of such things. Yes, they were busted recently. Yes, they had wins vacated. Yes, they lost one of their National Championships as a result of it. But may I remind you there is a reason people joke about USC cheating so bad they slapped sanctions against <insert team here> (Over here it's Alabama St).

Furthermore, If you believe for one minute that ***ANY*** major school isn't guilty of such behavior you're a fool. Having been friends with several starters on a major 1A school's team I can tell you that their "Scholarship" is a joke compared to the hell they put those kids through not even addressing the physical abuse their bodies take as a direct result of it. And with the money made off College Football (granted I know it's unique in this respect) I personally think it's a travesty that the NCAA isn't required to funnel a portion of the money they make on said sport back to the kids participating in it. Does that excuse the Newton fiasco? Absolutely not. Does that excuse the corruption present when Bowden took over? Absolutely not. Do I blame Bowden for dealing with it the way he did if that is indeed how it happened? Probably not. Does the occurrences make Auburn the worst offender in the SEC? Perhaps, but whether they're ACTUALLY the worst offenders in the SEC remains to be seen. They've just been stupid enough to get caught more than any of the other schools.

Try going down to the field after the game as they're leaving and watch the money changing hands in regards to the big time programs (ESPECIALLY If they're successful). I don't really care which team it is. Feel free to take your pick. I would even bet it happens at places such as Notre Dame for that matter. As for the Newton thing I didn't make the judgement call in that case and it is what it is at this point until he's proven guilty apparently. And to be honest, I feel that Auburn should have split the National Championship with TCU but the BCS would have too much egg on it's face to allow such a thing.

And just to clarify, the reasoning behind her not allowed to go to USC has nothing to do with the fact that I believe them to "Cheat" as much as any other NCAA 1A team... It has to do with utter contempt for the place in general.

Finally! Some good debate going on.

I hate USC as much as anyone, they are without a doubt in my Top 10 Most Hated Teams in Sports, but damn if they don't have the best lookin' cheerleaders of any school I have seen so far!

And I know Michigan is a fantastic school academically, but I don't think their football program has made anyone jealous any time recently. lol

Lately and overall are totally different. Don't worry Michigan will regain it's "D"ominance in the coming years.

I'll speak up just you now have SIX college football fans in the room. I'm not really going to argue with anyone here, every team cheats whether they get caught or not. I believe the SEC along with USC, Texas and Oklahoma to be the biggest offenders historically. I think Oregon is probably paying players right now. I'm guessing TCU, Boise State and every other mid major that has no business getting the atheletes they get cheats in some way, whether it be transcripts or dollar bills. When it's all said and done we either need to change the rules or actually enforce them. I also believe Miami deserves the death penalty (mostly just of hatred), they've been paying players since 1980. After all that, I don't care, I love college football.

Anyway, for trash talking purposes, I grew up and remain a very loyal Notre Dame fan (GO IRISH!) and I went to the University of Iowa so I also root for the Hawkeyes (GO HAWKS!). So I'm a double sided punching bag with one side being most people's most hated college football team, have fun.:p

Oh, and f*ck Michigan for obvious reasons.

Wow, you've had a couple harsh weeks then.

And getting rid of Rodriguez was a good first move imo. Not that I'm rooting for you mind you but even sweet talking Carr back would quickly bring you guys back up to prominence.

rjwhite41 said:
I'll speak up just you now have SIX college football fans in the room. I'm not really going to argue with anyone here, every team cheats whether they get caught or not. I believe the SEC along with USC, Texas and Oklahoma to be the biggest offenders historically. I think Oregon is probably paying players right now. I'm guessing TCU, Boise State and every other mid major that has no business getting the atheletes they get cheats in some way, whether it be transcripts or dollar bills.

I agree. Pay the student athletes. Just set an amount payed on a MasterCard, and anything not on the purchase record would be punishable.

My brother is a big ND fan and I look forward to that always great game every year. Go Blue!!

Even though I don't like the press and special treatment ND gets, watching Rudy right now. Always has been one of my favorite movies.

I don't like Notre Dame at all, but damn I can't help but appreciate their history.

I'm just waiting to see what conference Missouri is going to end up in...Big 12 is no more.

Thanks Texas...good luck in the Big 12 by yourself, and maybe Baylor too

rjwhite41 said:
I'll speak up just you now have SIX college football fans in the room. I'm not really going to argue with anyone here, every team cheats whether they get caught or not. I believe the SEC along with USC, Texas and Oklahoma to be the biggest offenders historically. I think Oregon is probably paying players right now. I'm guessing TCU, Boise State and every other mid major that has no business getting the atheletes they get cheats in some way, whether it be transcripts or dollar bills. When it's all said and done we either need to change the rules or actually enforce them. I also believe Miami deserves the death penalty (mostly just of hatred), they've been paying players since 1980. After all that, I don't care, I love college football.

Anyway, for trash talking purposes, I grew up and remain a very loyal Notre Dame fan (GO IRISH!) and I went to the University of Iowa so I also root for the Hawkeyes (GO HAWKS!). So I'm a double sided punching bag with one side being most people's most hated college football team, have fun.:p

Normally I would write something bad about Notre Dame since I am a Trojan fan. But since they are like us and play REAL teams all year and not like Auburn and the rest of the overhyped SEC that crush a couple of FCS and Juco schools. I will let you slide until we meet this year.

I think texas will end up in the ACC as the rumor is they'll make a one time exception and let them keep their current LHN contract. I can't confirm this mind you but it would increase ACC power to recruit successfully in Texas so I can't imagine that not being a win for them. The extra coverage with good ratings (c/o Texas) will help them negotiate future TV contracts as well which would bring more $$$ to the conference schools.

As for Mizzou, the word is they're first choice for SEC. Being honest they wouldn't pick them near the top of my list but I do believe it will be best for their program. They don't make sense in the PAC, they get AQ status in the B12 for a few years with less teams to compete against, and the ACC makes about as much sense as the PAC. The only real three options for their move is SEC, MWC, and CUSA. MWC has potential to be a good conference if they quit hemorrhaging their good teams. IMPO they've been well ahead of the Big East for a number of years and ahead of the ACC as well for the last couple. But being honest given the three and the circumstances... Stay in B12 unless you get an SEC invite.

PR word down here for the SEC is that they were given permission to consider/pursue Mizzou. If that fell through, apparently WV is the second target. VT makes more sense given the type of school and doesn't require realignment of conference divisions (same with WV), but rumor claims ACC have a kind of gentleman's agreement that the SEC won't go after ACC schools and reinvite GT to the SEC for example (apparently SC, FL, & GA have banded together to vote against additions in their states anyway) and ACC will continue to arrange cross conference games in things like basketball which help the SEC teams in those other programs theoretically. I've even heard some suggestions of Troy if Bama cries over getting hopped into the East but that would be a LOT of teams in one state (fine in TX but in AL???) so I can't imagine they wouldn't push for a diff state school instead and can you say WHIPPING BOYS? I have nothing against Troy mind you plus my Dad is an alumni but damn.... Would drag more money into the state tho.

That said honestly I'm rather surprised about the OSU/OK sister deal. I think either could do well in the SEC/PAC and separating their conference would ultimately bring more money to the state even with the smaller initial income from the SEC (albeit not by much). It wouldn't require breaking their rivalry (look at Iowa, Florida, Georgia, Utah, etc...) Plus the real potential for an all OK NC (such as the FL/FLSt one years ago) would be damn cool.... And yes I despise the BCS and as that is mathematically likely even if one lost to the other it amuses me. Only way they could prevent it would be to rig it like the LSU/GA rigging in 93.

Only problem with that Cabal is most of the PAC schools are like Vandy/Ky so you NEED to play real schools to prevent getting screwed like Oregon in '01.

Normally I would write something bad about Notre Dame since I am a Trojan fan. But since they are like us and play REAL teams all year and not like Auburn and the rest of the overhyped SEC that crush a couple of FCS and Juco schools. I will let you slide until we meet this year.
There is not a big enough laughing emoticon for this statement.

Accidic said:
Only problem with that Cabal is most of the PAC schools are like Vandy/Ky so you NEED to play real schools to prevent getting screwed like Oregon in '01.

Good point, USC is 17-10-1 vs the SEC lifetime.

Yes... I never claimed USC wasn't a good team but like FL St they typically do not have as easy a time getting to the NC game. Further... As the PAC has held a small edge versus the SEC over the last decade or so... The SEC still holds 70-42-7 edge over the PAC, while by your own statement nearly 40% of which came from USC outright. But I still firmly believe Oregon is the toughest physically of all the PAC... Not USC. They, like Auburn perhaps are merely the best paid. Shame toughness doesn't guarantee winning games.

Further, having lived over there for a number of years the mere suggestion of anyone save USC in the southern PAC amuses the piss out of me. My wife who's a born and raised Californian was absolutely stunned at the difference in "Fanbase" of that coast versus this one. I've not been around the NW part to pass judgement.

I suppose maybe it's your pro teams that water it down or perhaps it's just poor taste but if you decide you'd like to see what fan hysteria and support feel free to come over this way and join us.

In other news... WTB a defense still. ;-)

Sucks Auburn dropped to Clemson.

Gator D is looking pretty sharp. Offense still has a way to go, but at least we're completing the snap.

Tennessee looked better than this the first two weeks. They look extremely intimidated. I didn't expect them to win mind you but I expected more fight than this.

Yeah, if it weren't for stupid 7 pass interference penalties on our D this game wouldn't even have been this close.

I tell you what, I know FSU lost to OU, but damn if they aren't back in force.

The Seminoles are a phenomenal team this year. Scary good...

Even though I don't like them, I was extremely happy to see their receiver that went down on the sidelines at the end of the game. Talk about scary.

Don't know about scary goos but out is a quality team. They need to work out their qb situation. I understand the appeal of the mobile qb but that freshman kid looked far more impressive under pressure than their starter and consider he didn't get most of the snaps this week to boot....

The wife and I were bouncing jokes back and forth what torment would befall the line for letting him get sacked since his dad is the OC. All joking aside, the line seemed to do so much better with the green kid. Not sure if it is a frantic sort of thing or the line actually believed in him more (aka Case McCoy in Tx).

The freshman was lost when the pressure really mounted in the end. No way should Trickett be starting over Emanuel.

The freshman was lost when the pressure really mounted in the end. No way should Trickett be starting over Emanuel.

Agreed. But Trickett will be a fantastic QB there with a little more development.

As for my "scary" comment, I am just sayin' that if the Noles that showed up yesterday are the same ones that show up in The Swamp Thanksgiving Weekend, I am scared for my Gators. Some of the most aggressive defensive play I have seen in a while.

No, but buying a defense would be a good idea... How are you guys at USC arranging that these days?

As for Trickett vs EJ, remember EJ has gotten the bulk of the work. Tricket on the other hand came in as a freshman backup and the practice level for that pales compared to the starter. Add the fact that EJ managed to look worse when he came back in and sent the house... Plus EJ's arm looked suspect all night as compared to the little tiny kid. Sorry but I'm still just not sold on the "Mobile" qb. Yes it can work but it helps when they don't otherwise suck.

It really is a shame about that one receiver tho. He had that pass had he not been knocked the hell out. Good that he looked up and ok'ish at the end tho.

Accidic said:
No, but buying a defense would be a good idea... How are you guys at USC arranging that these days?

As for Trickett vs EJ, remember EJ has gotten the bulk of the work. Tricket on the other hand came in as a freshman backup and the practice level for that pales compared to the starter. Add the fact that EJ managed to look worse when he came back in and sent the house... Plus EJ's arm looked suspect all night as compared to the little tiny kid. Sorry but I'm still just not sold on the "Mobile" qb. Yes it can work but it helps when they don't otherwise suck.

It really is a shame about that one receiver tho. He had that pass had he not been knocked the hell out. Good that he looked up and ok'ish at the end tho.

Ha,ha,ha. That was pretty funny. Almost a's funny a's this FS QB talk. EJ is garbage, he was last year and more of the same this year. When he faces an above average secondary he becomes a pick machine. FS should stick with the freshman.

Irish aren't too bad if they only turn ball over 3 times instead of 5;)

Seriously though. Good defense and great offense, they just need to stop turning it over.

I'm still not sold on the Hawks. The defense has really disappointed, lots of mental mistakes and the run game hasn't impressed much either. Good show by Vandenberg in the 4th quarter though.

I am kinda glad that the Irish are doing better. I want them at Their best when USC comes to town. As a matter of fact I would love to have the Irish win every game until then.

...ala Boise St?

As for EJ he really didn't give them any spark that I could see but the freshman might not either in the long run. Could end up like the kid @ TX who came in relief of McCoy and still managed to make a game out of it after Brown tried to throw the game away in a tantrum. Still amuses me to listen to AL fans refer to that as a stomping because that wasn't the game I watched at all.

Back