O2 stone - did I lose a piece?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingHorse

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I went to aerate my brew today, and something seemed funny about the bubbling coming from the O2 stone. I pulled it back out of the brew, and the stone was gone...just the hose and the female half of a compression fitting remaining (explains the funny bubbling)

I found the stone (after sifting through 2.5 oz of spent whole hops -- fun!). The attached pic is what I have left:
- the plastic hose
- the female half of a compression fitting
- the stone

Seems there should be a male half to that fitting as well, but it was nowhere to be found. Maybe I lost it before this brew; to be honest, I never looked at the way the stone was connected before.

I put it back together, and it's a pretty snug fit as is. Just wondering if anyone else who has a similar stone can tell me if I lost a piece, or if this is just the way its set up.

Bike N Brew said:
Just wondering if anyone else who has a similar stone can tell me if I lost a piece, or if this is just the way its set up.

I believe I have the same exact setup. Just the tube, stone and one fitting. I lost my stone into the fermenter last time I used it too. There must be a better way to do it. I want one of those inline aeration setups that allow you to aerate on the way to the fermenter.

Kyle

Did you set this up yourself or did you buy it some where? I would think that if you bought it from a store that you could look it up on-line or talk to them. I would recomend a stone with a barbed fitting welded on the end already, than all you need is a SS hose clamp, if that. I belive that they are avaliable at any of the bigger HBS sites.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back