O2 regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egaberik

Reaction score
I'm looking at upgrading my system to include and oxygen tank for wort aeration. I really wanted to get a medical O2 tank with regulator so I could control the flow by LPMs but supposedly you need a Rx to fill those Has anyone seen a regulator that you can adjust the LPMs for the disposable O2 tanks? Anyone with experience am I trying to be too controlling with this and not wanting the normal screw open regulators?

You don't need to get that technical. I use my cutting torch rig oxygen at about 15 psi for 60 seconds through a tube, filter and stone. You could go out a buy the smallest O2 cylinder and O2 regulator for under $100 bucks.

Has anyone seen a regulator that you can adjust the LPMs for the disposable O2 tanks? Anyone with experience am I trying to be too controlling with this and not wanting the normal screw open regulators?

Yes, you're being too controlling (anal?). Anyway a regulator only controls pressure. A flow meter controls volume. You can buy flow meters but I don't know how you could adapt them to a disposable tank.

Back