NW Houston n00b

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NUTT

Reaction score
Hello all. I've tinkered with the idea of home brewing for awhile and have finally decided to give it a shot.

I guess now I'm in the research phase so I'll be reading the forum and checking out local home brew shops. Living in Houston, DeFalco's comes highly recommended. There is also an established local brewing club and I'll try to utilize them as a resource as well.

I'm a big fan of darker beers, currently enjoying porters, stouts & bocks whenever possible. One of my current favorites is Breckenridge Vanilla Porter. Great beer!

Welcome aboard. It's a great hobby. If you get the itch to go AG and would like to have someone walk you through things give me a shout. I'm a little up the road in Aggieland.

Cheers :mug:

Welcome to the hobby! I'm a Houston brewer, myself.

DeFalco's is a great pleace to go and get started. Brew It Yourself, in Spring, also is a good shop. BIY is owned and run by a former employee at DeFalco's.

There are a few clubs in Houston, too. I am an active Foam Ranger, based out of DeFalco's. If you are up in the northwest area, you may also be interested in the KGB.

You just missed our September meeting for the Foam Rangers, but the Dixie Cup is just around the corner. Even if you are brand new to the hobby, you should come on by. You will have a great time, I assure you! Check out this link:

Dixie Cup XXIV

TL

Back