NW Florida New Brewer - I heard this is how to become a Renaissance Man :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlutoA10C

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings All!
I'm completely new to the brewing process, but very excited. My wife gave me a 1 Gallon gift set for Christmas a couple years ago and I finally got around to trying it. I enjoyed the process and the beer was ok, although over carbonated, which leads me to my first question of many - I'm assuming, like most forums, I should search for the topic area and post within existing threads as much as possible - if this is not the case, looking for any helpful instructions on appropriate etiquette (beyond the obvious - don't be an a**). Thanks and I look forward to improving . . . rapidly!! Dave

It’s probably one of two things. One, it wasn’t done fermenting when you bottled. Two, you use too much priming sugar.

Thanks Tom! I thought maybe it was too much sugar (although I followed the instructions) - I just posted some questions on a new batch to the Beginner's forum, much appreciate any advice!

Dave

Back