Nursery Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markwarren66

Reaction score
Hi,

I just brewed a batch of ESB a couple weeks back. When I transferred to the primary, I was a bit short of 5 gallons, so I added about 3/4 gallon of the only bottled water we had on hand, which happened to be nursery water used to reconstitute baby formula.

Other than stealing my babies' food :D I didn't really think much of it. Then, I read (long story) that this water is fortified with fluoride. Exact amounts I'm not sure.

Anyways, do you think this will affect my beer at all? This is only my third batch, and all indications are that it was the strongest fermentation yet.

I'm not too worried, just wondering if anyone else ever made a similar mistake.

Doubtful. Most of those concentrations are below the threshold of perception, and I really don't know what (or if) Flouride tastes like anything? You know, Flouride in the water is a Communist plot :fro:

I think people are after my Life Force.

zoebisch01 said:
Doubtful. Most of those concentrations are below the threshold of perception, and I really don't know what (or if) Flouride tastes like anything? You know, Flouride in the water is a Communist plot :fro:

Better put on your aluminum foil hat so they can't read your thoughts!:D

zoebisch01 said:
Doubtful. Most of those concentrations are below the threshold of perception, and I really don't know what (or if) Flouride tastes like anything?
Thanks - that's what I was thinking but thought I would toss it out. I'm excited to get going on brewing again. We had such a brutal winter in Chicago that I am all dry on my new kegging system. Plus my wife had twins in October, so that might play a small role too:)

zoebisch01 said:

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!!!

"So Daddy Took My Wa Wa To Make His F*&%*ing Beer, Well I'll Show Him!!!"

Baby%20Drinking%20Beer.jpg

markwarren66 said:
... We had such a brutal winter in Chicago that I am all dry on my new kegging system. ...
Hey, another Chicago area guy! Whereabouts?

Yeah, tell me about this lousy winter. Brewing this Saturday, now that it is warmer - relatively speaking. Haven't brewed since Feb 23rd - and that was a friggin cold brew session!
229031_cold.GIF

zoebisch01 said:

Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream. You know when fluoridation first began?

Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Uh, Jack, Jack, listen, tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?

Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love. Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, but I... I do deny them my essence.

Rhoobarb said:
Hey, another Chicago area guy! Whereabouts?

Yeah, tell me about this lousy winter. Brewing this Saturday, now that it is warmer - relatively speaking. Haven't brewed since Feb 23rd - and that was a friggin cold brew session!
229031_cold.GIF

I'm way up north, Round Lake. I brewed last on 3/2. It wasn't so bad when we got started around 5 pm, but it sure was cold when we finished up. I just don't like brewing during the day, because I enjoy a few beers while brewing. And the SWMBO doens't care for me drinking during the day, at least when it's not related to tailgating or something.

Back