Nugget Nectar Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone converted this to extract? reddskinnfan, for one Skins fan to another, a little help?

its tough to convert it well since there is no vienna extract, but this should get you close for 5 gals

7lbs munich lme
3lbs pils or extra light lme
0.25lb C60

or do a partial mash with
7lbs pils lme
2.375lbs vienna malt
2.375lbs munich malt
0.25lbs C60

its tough to convert it well since there is no vienna extract, but this should get you close for 5 gals

7lbs munich lme
3lbs pils or extra light lme
0.25lb C60

or do a partial mash with
7lbs pils lme
2.375lbs vienna malt
2.375lbs munich malt
0.25lbs C60

Thanks for the help.

Does it have to be pure Munich LME? I ca't find that anywhere. I 6lbs of Northern Brewer Munich, but that is 50/50 Munich/Pale.

no such thing as pure munich lme as far as I know. i listed those amounts based on the 50/50

ya that should be close enough, either add 1lb to the pils lme or steep 1.5lbs of vienna with the crystal. if you steep the vienna its really a mini-mash cuz vienna is a base malt, but its basically the same thing, just reduce your steeping volume to 1-1.5gallons.

My bad... Totally forgot! I am in Florida now and dint have access to my recipes, and won't for a week. If your willing to wait, I will get it to you next Sunday.

I did a partial mash version last Wednesday and it's bubbling away. Let's see how it turns out :D

It's been in 2ry since May 10. Should I botlle it tomorrow, or wait 'till Monday?

Xcorpia said:
It's been in 2ry since May 10. Should I botlle it tomorrow, or wait 'till Monday?

I just let it sit for 3 wks. FG dropped a few more points from week 2 - 3.

I hope not because I do the same. :) . I broke the pattern though because I was travelling for the past couple of weeks. LOL

My All Grain went from 1.079 to 1.016 in just under 2 weeks. Just tasted it and its pretty good if I must say so myself. Tranferred to 2ndary and dry hopped. Will let that sit for about 5 days and bottle. My beers have been carbing well in just 1 week, so I hope to be popping my first one in just under 2 weeks, after I recover from Savor and a night with my son.:ban:

sheeldon said:
My All Grain went from 1.079 to 1.016 in just under 2 weeks. Just tasted it and its pretty good if I must say so myself. Tranferred to 2ndary and dry hopped. Will let that sit for about 5 days and bottle. My beers have been carbing well in just 1 week, so I hope to be popping my first one in just under 2 weeks, after I recover from Savor and a night with my son.:ban:

How much yeast did you start with? 2L?

As good as it tastes, I only used 1.5 packs of Fermentis S-05 and I tweaked with .5 lb wildflower honey last 10 minutes of boil.

sheeldon said:
As good as it tastes, I only used 1.5 packs of Fermentis S-05 and I tweaked with .5 lb wildflower honey last 10 minutes of boil.

That's where my problem lies. I only used 1 packet of us-05 and ended at 1.025 from 1.071 after 3 weeks

mr malty said one was not enough, especially for that OG. take a trip down south and I will share at least one with you.

Sheldon (from Brooklyn)

That's where my problem lies. I only used 1 packet of us-05 and ended at 1.025 from 1.071 after 3 weeks

1 is barely not enough for a 5gal batch, it shouldnt have stunted your FG that much. technically it should have only given you a longer lag time and maybe a point or 2 higher FG. I think you got a stalled ferment somehow. AG, PM, or extract?

Xcorpia: I wouldn't expect much change between tmr and monday at this point so id bottle that up sooner rather than later so you can get to drinking it

1 is barely not enough for a 5gal batch, it shouldnt have stunted your FG that much. technically it should have only given you a longer lag time and maybe a point or 2 higher FG. I think you got a stalled ferment somehow. AG, PM, or extract?

Xcorpia: I wouldn't expect much change between tmr and monday at this point so id bottle that up sooner rather than later so you can get to drinking it

I think I also keep forgetting to shake it. Shake my carboy that is. Not enough aeration. :drunk:

I just might bottle it tomorrow :)

look forward to the results :rockin:

I think I also keep forgetting to shake it. Shake my carboy that is. Not enough aeration. :drunk:

that could do it. yeast can work without oxygen, but its much slower and stresses the yeast more, so a stall could certainly happen. if you haven't bottled it yet, id consider adding a active starter to get you the rest of the way. just in case, don't ever aerate after 24hours of active fermentation (24 hours cuz sometimes you do a 2nd does in big beers)

I bottled my NN yesterday. Tasted the hydro sample and LOVED it! :rockin: Not sure if it tastes exactly like NN, I think it actually tastes better. Very fruitty and refreshing. Can't wait 'till its carbed!

I used a partial mash version of your third recipe.

6 lb 0 oz Pilsner Liquid Extract
2 lb 6 oz Munich Malt - 10L
2 lb 6 oz Vienna Malt
0 lb 6 oz Light Dry Malt Extract
0 5 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L

Batch size: 5.0 gallons

Hops
USE TIME OZ VARIETY
first wort 90+ mins 1.0 Nugget
first wort 90+ mins 0.5 Warrior
boil 15 mins 1.0 Columbus
boil 10 mins 1.0 Simcoe
boil 5 mins 1.0 Palisades
boil 1 min 1.0 Nugget
dry hop 1ry 7 days 1.0 Nugget
dry hop 1ry 7 days 0.5 Warrior
dry hop 2ry 7 days 1.0 Nugget
dry hop 2ry 7 days 0.5 Warrior

Wyeast 1056

Thanks a lot for the recipe!

Sheeldon,

How did your turn out?

Xcorpia,

What do you think of that hop schedule? What flavors/aromas are you getting from them?

Well I was in a hurry while bottling it and I had the hydro sample in a graduated cylinder when I tasted it so I really couldn't smell it properly, nevertheless it had a huge nose to it. It tasted sweeter, fruitier and had a lighter body than NN. It smelled and tasted like apricots with mangoes and/or orange and some flower in it. Just wonderful!

Reddskinnfan, I plan to bottle sometime early this week, maybe tomorrow if we finish up brewing two batches early. I will let you know at that point.

Finally got around to giving this another go. I went with something similar to redskins latest, but I swapped out some pils for rye just for fun and had to swap palisade out for cascade tho. Also went with Kolsch yeast instead of chico. I'll report back in another month once its ready.

I haven't tasted it yet. It's been bottled just 9 days. Waiting 5 more days for the 2 week mark. Don't want to waste a single drop of my precious nectar. LOL

my clone has been in bottles one week today. i plan to try one tonite and will report back. I usually wait 2 weeks to sample, but the last 2 batches I made were carbed in one.

sheeldon said:
my clone has been in bottles one week today. i plan to try one tonite and will report back. I usually wait 2 weeks to sample, but the last 2 batches I made were carbed in one.

Is there truth to conditioning past the point of carbonation?

bovineblitz said:
My beer don't taste good til at least 2 weeks, usually 3... and then they're best around 4-5 weeks.

Good to hear. I let mine ferment for about 4 wks and 3 wks bottled. I guess I have the luxury of a full fridge at the moment. :)

Latest posts

Back