Now I remember why I don't do beer related stuff right before bed.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpatrickv

Reaction score
On Friday night I went to take a sample of my scotch oak aged IPA, popped the top off took the sample and layed the lid back on but didn't snap it on. Normally, I'll do this then take a couple drinks then pop the lid back on completely and go about my day.

Obviously, I forgot. Last night, I went and moved my other FV into my bathtub and noticed that I hadnt snapped the lid down. Took a look and it seems as there may be a slight infection taking hold(medium sized white bubbles). Took a sample and it still tasted damn delicious so tonight I'm going to keg it up in hopes that I didn't completely ruin this tasty beverage. Man do I feel dumb, even if it does still turn out alright.

:drunk:

We all make mistakes. I hope yours works out okay. I've had infected brews. Some seem to settle clear in the bottle, others get worse. CO2 might kill yours. Let us know.

Back