Now brewing on L.I.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cool Hand

Reaction score
Hi people. This is the best, most helpful brewing message board I've found. I knew I was getting a kit for Christmas so I was doing some lurking/recon the past few weeks. A lot of my questions have already been answered just by reading previous threads but I'm sure I'll post a few questions of my own. Not only did I get one kit, a True-Brew 5 gal, but I was also given a Mr. Beer! My first 5 gal batch will be a Amber ale which I will start this weekend, woo hoo:rockin:

Welcome to our world and forum. You are another in the long line of the "infected" brewers on this board.:)

Welcome to the forum.

L.I. is not very well represented here, so it's good to see that there is another brewer on the Island.

Whereabouts are you located? I'm in Ridge.

-a.

I'm a brewer in the heart of Long Island winecountry! I live in Aquebogue, east of Riverhead, on the North Fork. Just by a google search I found the closest LHBS is in Northport. Do you know of anywhere closer?

There is also Arbor Wine and Beer Making Supply in Islip. (Still not very convenient for you), but a little bit closer. Arbor may have a slightly better selection in some things, but is more expensive. I use Karps whenever possible because they sell bulk grain and have a better yeast selection.

-a

The Karps you're talking about is the one online right? Because I know there is a Karp's liqour store in East Islip, not the same?

Latest posts

Back