notty package showed up hard as a rock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

straycat

Reaction score
I usually use us05, first time with notty. Never seen a pack of yeast like this. Yeast is all in lower half of package and solid. Ive used windsor and it was never like this. Is it worth even trying it?

Notty is amazing...it is now vacuum sealed so when you open it, it will look fine. Helps maintain freshness

Did you read the package? You know.......where it tells you that it's supposed to be hard because it's vacuum packed and if it's not hard don't use it? :cross:

I have a pack of Notty that I am using tomorrow that is also hard as a rock. Remember, it's vacuum packed. On the back it says, "Do not use this product if the package appears soft or inflated". There is also a "best if used by date" on the back. If it hasn't expired, you should be good to go.

I just used one of these packs last weekend. First time I used notty in a few years. Hydrated as instructed and reached terminal gravity in 4 days.

I was happy.

and yes it was hard like a vacuum pack of coffee until sliced open.

I'm drinking a "Nottingham" black IPA now It deff has a unique taste , I can tast notti in enything

I have a pack of Notty that I am using tomorrow that is also hard as a rock. Remember, it's vacuum packed. On the back it says, "Do not use this product if the package appears soft or inflated". There is also a "best if used by date" on the back. If it hasn't expired, you should be good to go.

I tend to keep Notty and US-05 in the fridge. Sometimes things get shuffled around, leading to some out of date packages being rediscovered. I have had some that was way past the "best by" date, which I still tried out. I didn't even rehydrate it. It took right off and did fine.

Back