Not enough Yeast left to Carb up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewFrick

Reaction score
I had a beer on secondary from the middle of December in the nice cold garage until just this last weekend. I bottled it in empty Grolsch swing tops with just under a cup of priming sugar to the 5.5 gallons bottled and stored it in 69 degree room temp closet. I am now wondering if there will be enough yeast left to induce a bottle carb in the beer. After three days in the bottle I see just barely a dusting of yeast settling in the bottom of the bottles. Usually when I bottle condition there is more even at this early time. Has anyone had this problem before? I know I should just RDWHAHB but this is the only batch I have in the pipeline after a several month break from brewing and I am hoping it will carb up.

I bottled a Kolsch and and a Spiced Ale i brewed in September 2 weeks ago. I didn't add anything at bottling time. The Kolsch is ready. the spiced ale needs a bit. you're good.

Back