NorthrnBrewer screwed up my order...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JebCkr

Reaction score
I ordered $50 worth of grain and DME and they left out a 3lb bag of Amber DME. I made sure to take pictures of it after I'd opened it and have already called and emailed them, but the aren't open until monday. Just curious if anyone else has dealt with this and what their results were.

I haven't had problems with them but in the past had broken stuff and exploded packages of DME in a box from Midwest. Sticky DME covering everything. There where no real questions asked and they made it right. No worries

I got sent the wrong yeast and they promptly sent me the correct yeast and I got the one they sent on accident free of charge. Since it got here quickly I felt like I just got a bonus instead of being upset with them.

Why even post this up? Contact them first and let them make it right. Sometimes I hate the internet.

boostsr20 said:
Why even post this up? Contact them first and let them make it right. Sometimes I hate the internet.

I agree with this... posting negative feedback that may turn into a plus is detramental to businesses. A person will tell world about a screw up but not on their excellence.

Yup, op just make sure to post back when they take care of you. It's unfortunate but people do make mistakes.

They'll fix it ASAP, I wouldn't worry too much

I've had small mistakes from multiple vendors and they've all been great about fixing the issue.

It's poor form to complain about a company in a public forum before they are even aware of the problem. Poor form.

He wasn't really complaining too much about Northern Brewer. He was stating what happened and was trying to get feedback from the forum on what experiences other people have had. I don't see anywhere in his post that he badmouths NB at all. Using the phrase screwed up my order wasn't the best term to use but other then that I don't see a problem with the OPs comments.

I think this turned out as a big A+ for NB. Everyone seems very happy with their service (including me). Any company can and will make a mistake. It takes a good company to rectify it. I'm sure NB will as soon as you contact them.

I was happy with their service until they refused to ship internationally (ie.. Canada) all of a sudden. I mean, their name is NORTHERN brewer..

I was happy with their service until they refused to ship internationally (ie.. Canada) all of a sudden. I mean, their name is NORTHERN brewer..

Yeah; I'm sure it was solely Northern Brewer that decided to do this - not anything related to costs or policies of the shipping companies :rolleyes:

Just another positive review of NB. I can occasionally find a better price at other sites on certain items, but 90% of my orders go through them. Extremely satisfied, especially with that 7.99 shipping to the middle of nowhere.

Well since this has turned into a NB lovefest, I also only have had positive interactions with them. I'm on their mailing list, so I also like how they're now including some small articles in their catalogues. I think they're very trustworthy, and they have some great recipes for begining brewers (be it extract or all grain). :rockin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back