North Georgia Hillbilly brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawai

Reaction score
6-1-2013
Hi Guys, I'm still at the novice stage, learning what works and what don't.

North Georgia, small fab shop here, I dabble in old Harleys and old vehicles. Can't quit modifying things to suit myself and the way I think they should work.

Back before health forced retirement, I was a Level 3 instrument tech, a journeyman electrician, a certified welder and a "pole climber" at times. All that means is I can make the "electrical and lp gas controls work" not that I know how to brew beer yet.

I learned, you can take a oven element and bend it any shape you need, before you heat it up and it becomes brittle, I have built huge powdercoat ovens with oven elements straightened out and around the floor. A $45 ebay PID temperature control with the proper Temp sensor and a SSR (solid state relay) can turn about anything on and off and make you life so much easier, reducing errors.

JAY at AIH named my lil keg cooker R2D2 cause it looked like it, it has stuck. It is a old well tank cut as a casing for the keg, has cerwool (mineral wool) in the opening, has the bung hole down so all the drops of fluid goes out the spickot. Error? well I put the temp sensor in the top, should have been the side. the 4200 watt element heats 5 gallons up in about 15 or so minutes.

She is cooking beer, I am learning as I go.

Cheers.

Beer 008.jpg

Beer 040.jpg

Beer 042.jpg

Stainless cooker 001.jpg

gmc parts 158.jpg

Welcome!
The other stuff is rad, but i'm digging that gate behind the harley... don't know why, but i am... haha.

Let us know if you have any questions, we will be more then happy to help along the way!

Back