Noob question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elaeace

Reaction score
My first batch is an amber ale (30 -35 IBU). I fermented for about 9 days... Popped the lid looked and smelled perfect!!!...Racked to a secondary glass Carboy for about 8 day... Beer became crystal clear...and still smelled and looked glorious...was all set to keg last night...scheduling conflict postponed Kegging, but not before I had moved it from it's (cool) spot in the basement... Left it in the 65 degree dining room until I have a chance to keg it...still looks perfect...but it smells a little sour like wine...should I have a concern...or should I trust my over sanitary craziness and my constant observation...am I over reacting???...thanks in advance for any input...just looking for piece of mind.

Well the classic answer is RDWHAHB. Which is the correct answer in most cases. In your case it is not. Primarily because since this is your first batch you are missing the 2nd H and the B. So just relax and give it time. As long as your staying sanitary you should have no reason to worry.

Ok...I will relax...and wait it out...I have been more sanitary than a doctor office... Im confident it will be fine... Thanks for calming me down...I will have a Great Lakes Elliot Ness instead...thx fellas!

Back