Noob needs help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azbrew5000

Reaction score
I guys about to start my third brew but want to move from the plastic kit bottles to longnecks. There's a great deal at my local for Sol long necks at the moment. Bottles are 940ml so larger than the normal long next. Anyone used these bottles before? Are they suitable for re-capping? Having never capped my own bottles, I'm not sure. Appreciate some advice and sorry if this has been covered before, couldn't find anything about sol bottles in particular. May be important (or not) but I'm in Australia, so the bottles have survived the import from Mexico....

the only bottles i have had an issue with were with Heineken bottles because they were so short. my capper was not able to fully put the cap on. I wouldn't think you would have a problem with Sol bottles. The only concern i would have is that those bottles are are clear. Just keep them in a dark place.

Great guys, cheers. Can't wait to give it a whirl. Thanks for the tips. I'll post the results.

Sounds like you got pacifico bottles (if they are brown) or corona bottles (if they are clear). Just bottled my IPA batch today and used a couple corona bottles and it turned out fine. Good luck brewin mate!

Yeah Sol is basically a generic of Corona. The bottles are clear, but the plan is to store them in the dark. It's the largest beer bottle I have come across so far, and nothing beats it on a hot day!

Back