Noble Hop IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brwagur

Reaction score
Has anyone made a single hop IPA with a European noble hop? I'm thinking about making a Hallertauer IPA but I need someone to tell me if that's a terrible idea for some reason.

Sort of...

I've made high gravity 6%+ pilsners with Magnum to bitter and Hallertau at 15 and whirlpool, and 60+ IBU total.

F'N amazing...

This was decent, for what it was:

Samuel+Adams+Latitude+48+Deconstructed+IPA+Hallertau+Mittelfrueh.JPG

I brewed a Pilsner using IPA levels of Saaz. Something like 12-14oz, with most of that being flameout and dry hops. I personally thought it was excellent and would brew it again in a heartbeat if I had a bunch of leftover Saaz leaf that was taking up space.

I didn't do a single hop one but I recently made a noble ipa with hallertau, saaz, and liberty (technically not a true noble hop). Took a ton of those hops but it turned out pretty well. I added 2 lbs of smoked malt in as well. Definitely not an assertive IPA, but certainly different from anything i've tried.

Back