No signs of fermentation except the Gravity reading

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had this happen? No foam, no Krausen just an OG of 1.051 and after pitching another round of yeast to no avail I was ready to give up and I took a gravity reading of 1.010

I mean no signs whatsoever and it’s in a 6 gal glass caribou.

I'm not sure if this will help but it's after I transferred it to another carboy and grabbed the measurement. Was gonna repitch after transfer until I got the gravity reading. The original carboy did not look much different than this.

It was a new experimental beer that was an orange creme ale. Everything went off without a hitch even had a good starter for the yeast going only thing I did that I regret was I put the orange flavor and vanilla flavoring in with the starter so I only had to pitch one vat into the beer after I transferred to primary...didn't think that would be a big deal.

Attachments

• 15924484608313590604581336754741.jpg
    15924484608313590604581336754741.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
ps tons of trub and yeast on bottom of primary but as I pitched two starters not entirely surprising

Fermenting beer is a living organism so sometimes it can do weird things. Have you used this yeast before?

No but it was just a safale American ale with a starter. Nothing fancy. I will say I used a lot of flaked oats and flaked corn in this bill only thing out of the ordinary really other than that just 9lbs of pilsner.

Back