No priming sugar 10 days later!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moezart

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Here I go again with another one of my problems!

So I have brewed a 5 gallon All grain Belgian ale using S 33... It smelled great, tasted even better... Got carried away and guess what forgot to even bring my dextrose out of the cabinet... Here I am 10 days later, heading to work thinking about what that beer is gonna taste like in the next few days when pop the fist cap off... Well.. Out of nowhere I remember that I never primed the beer!!!
Pissed!!!

Now should I uncap and add the sugar directly? Shouldn't that infect the beer?
Is there any other option, had anyone been through this? Any suggestions please!
Thanks.

It's highly unlikely that adding table sugar will infect your beer. Table sugar is a highly refined product and will have been processed and stored in sanitary conditions. Unless you stored it improperly and somehow got it contaminated it will be safe to use. You will get some foaming though so be quick with the new cap.

It's highly unlikely that adding table sugar will infect your beer. Table sugar is a highly refined product and will have been processed and stored in sanitary conditions. Unless you stored it improperly and somehow got it contaminated it will be safe to use. You will get some foaming though so be quick with the new cap.
Thanks a lot... Really appreciate it!

Well you have the choice of doing nothing and having no beer vs doing something and having beer. I know which one I would choose.

Well you have the choice of doing nothing and having no beer vs doing something and having beer. I know which one I would choose.
I understand that. I was interested in the "something" I should do!

Latest posts

Back