NO more new items for me.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheesefood said:
SWMBO's said no to a boat too, for now.

I have been given permission to get a motorcycle, but it's not quite permission. It's that weird female permission that sounds like permission until you go through with it and then find it was more of a challenge than permission.

Get it TOMORROW!

That's probably about as close to real permission as it's going to get. I've had my bike for several years now and I get the feeling I don't have any more real permission to ride it today than when I first got it.

Lil' Sparky said:
Get it TOMORROW!

That's probably about as close to real permission as it's going to get. I've had my bike for several years now and I get the feeling I don't have any more real permission to ride it today than when I first got it.

Yeah, but I have a kid AND I don't know how to ride.

bradsul said:
I just bought a new Sage 3wt yesterday and I had to drive past my LHBS to get it. That was a tough decision not to turn in!
no kidding, just had a friend build me a steelhead rod instead of goin ag

After the wife and I went to pickup the craigslist chest freezer she asks "are you about done with equipment?". I was shocked, she wasn't even pissy with her comment. At first I stated and actually believed "getting close". Then I started thinking/rattling off some other things as they popped into my head.

Electric Pump
Another CO2 regulator for the chest freezer
Crankenstein or similar mill
Another keggle
3 car garage addition with 1/2 dedicated to all the beer stuff.

There's more, just can't remember it now. It is slowing down though.

I think I have this conversation more with myself than with my wife. Every time I think "that's it", there's something else I "need". Even though I've been cranking along along an AG now for awhile, I "needed" a 10-gal cooler MLT...and an oxygen regulator/stone...and some stuff to make "better" yeast starters, and maybe freeze yeast...and of course I have to grow my own hops, so here come the rhizomes. All of this in the past couple weeks. And still, I look at my large collection of haphazard, mismatched, fully functional equipment and think "damn, a rolling 3-keggle brewstand would be pretty cool"...and the next house will just have to have a dedicated brew room, plumbed for natural gas. And maybe a walkin cooler/freezer...

I don't think my wife minds much...as someone else said, it keeps me around the house, out of trouble, and she likes the results of the effort. I also have a bicycle that always "needs" something...she gets a little crosseyed when fedEx brings bike stuff AND beer stuff on the same day.

But....she was the one who suggested the keg setup (she hated having all the bottles around, and the way bottling time took over the whole kitchen). Of course, now two taps seems totally insufficient :)

If she complains, I'll just remind her about the summer we timeshared the sailboat...this is all peanuts compared to that. Wait....hmmm...a floating brewery....:D

Back