No fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsueagle7703

Reaction score
It's been 4 days now and no air lock activity. Popped the top off and no Krausen and gravity per hydrometer is still as brew date. Also looks like a spec of mold floating in the wort. It's a pale ale using Wyeast American Ale. When I received the yeast from NB the pack was already slightly inflated. I have a dry yeast alternative already. Should I re-pitch or is my brew toast already (the mold has me a bit worried).

image-191809237.jpg

Pitch the properly hydrated dry yeast. Nothing to lose at this point.

brewski08 said:
remove all noticeable mold colonies, bring it back up to a boil, cool it, and pitch the yeast.

should be fine after that.

Was not aware this was an option. So I'm guessing it would be fine to split this batch to 2 pots for the boil and ice baths to get wort temp down?

Just to give an update. Reboiled as suggested and repitched with dry yeast. Have air lock activity. Lost a bit of gravity. Thanks for the recommendation I'll update when drinkable.

Back