No collar keezer temp probe line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumbergh

Reaction score
For those that have a keezer without a collar, how are you running the line for your temp sensor and circulation can? I'm planning on building a keezer without a collar and just using picnic taps/pluto gun for disowning. Also I will be running 2.5 gallon kegs, hence no need for the collar.

just lay them over the edge. the lid gasket will seal it good enough.

I punched a hole through the top of a chest freezer. figured I would put a tower there eventually. Don't do that, it looks terrible. Odie is right, they work just fine over the edge.

One can put all kinds of holes through the back edge of a chest freezer lid if one is so inclined...

1619569941000.png

Cheers! (In memoriam of "K2" :D)

Also, how would I attach a manifold without drilling into the side? Attach to the lid somehow?

I'd there's no good solution I could just get a splitter from the regulator since I probably won't have more than 2 beers on tap at 1 time.

Define "good solution" :)

I removed the lid liner and glued wood risers to the lid sheet metal that were just the right height to pick up the back of the liner. Then I just screwed the manifold through the liner into the riser. (fwiw, the lid came with a simple batt of fiberglas insulation tossed in - ridiculous! (visible to the far left in this pic) which I tossed and used high-R rigid foam board).

new_keezer_48_sm.jpg

new_keezer_49_sm.jpg

Cheers!

You could attach a strip of wood to the wall with liquid nails.

I have a collar, and I just let my manifolds float, easier to move them out of the way to move kegs.

Back