No carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbrandon724

Reaction score
I bottled a java stout about 2 months ago and I cannot get it to carbonate. I have moved it to the warmest spot in the house I can find (which is a bit difficult being in Minnesota), covered everything with fleece blankets, set it on a heat register, and roused all of the bottles. Anyone have any other suggestions???

What temperature do you think you were able to get it to? What was the OG of the beer? You might just have to wait a while, but with a stout that's probably not a bad thing.

zachattack said:
What temperature do you think you were able to get it to? What was the OG of the beer? You might just have to wait a while, but with a stout that's probably not a bad thing.

The OG was 1.045 which was right on par with where it should have been. I would guess that the beer is currently somewhere in the 60's for temperature which I know is a bit cool. I have never made a stout so I'm not sure how long it takes.

Brew day coming soon. Gonna make some maibock next!

Back