no airlock activity in three batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryf3661

Reaction score
Am really not understanding why in each of my three batches so far I've done have had no airlock activity I've done 2 batches in the same 25l fermentation bucket and 1 in a 10l bucket am guessing with the two batches I've done in the 25l bucket is because it is leaking somehow but when a went in got a smaller 10l bucket and made a batch in that and after a week so far there has been no bubbling in that airlock too the house is a steady 66f day and night so a dont think its too cold or anything like that could there be another reason why this is ? Thanks if anyone could help me out

ForumRunner_20130314_210028.png

No airlock activity is not a sign that the wort is not fermenting. If you have taken an original gravity ready then you can retake the gravity ready...if it is going down the. You are fermenting. Myself, I don't like plastic buckets...too many of them do leak.

No airlock activity is not a sign that the wort is not fermenting. If you have taken an original gravity ready then you can retake the gravity ready...if it is going down the. You are fermenting. Myself, I don't like plastic buckets...too many of them do leak.

A was gone to leave it a couple of weeks before a took an other gravity reading yes I've noticed that the buckets aren't all that a only got them because a was just starting out I've managed to get a big demijohn but am just waiting to see how theses three turn out before a start one in that lol

We all start in nearly the same place...I'm pretty sure if you look hard enough you can find a post from me asking about airlock activity.:)

Back