Nitro questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crafty_Brewer

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am going to buy a nitro tank and regulator soon. What size do you all recommend, and how many kegs do you get from yours on one fill? I would like mine to be no larger than my 20 # co2 tank. Also, should I ask for 75/25 or 70/30? My gas shop said they will custom order whatever I want, as that is not something they keep on hand. Thanks!

fwiw, I've been using a 40cf ("10 pound") cylinder for my imperial chocolate stout faucet for well over a decade now. It's the one beer I have to have on tap :) I dispense 7 to 8 kegs out of a fill, roughly two years between refills, using 70/30 mix.

I don't think it matters a ton whether 70/30 or 75/25, it should be a minor pressure adjustment to account for the change in CO2 partial pressure...

Cheers!

fwiw, I've been using a 40cf ("10 pound") cylinder for my imperial chocolate stout faucet for well over a decade now. It's the one beer I have to have on tap :) I dispense 7 to 8 kegs out of a fill, roughly two years between refills, using 70/30 mix.

I don't think it matters a ton whether 70/30 or 75/25, it should be a minor pressure adjustment to account for the change in CO2 partial pressure...

Cheers!
Thanks! That sounds like the ticket for me, 40cf and 70/30 with 75/25 as a second choice it is.

Cheers!
Looks like I am going to be good on beergas for a long while. My supplier said the 80 cubic foot tank is the smallest he can order it in!

Back