Nitro draft setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking to add a nitro setup to my keezer. I'm hoping for some advice or even a how to on this topic. Mainly cylinder size (how long they seem to last), beer line length and serving pressure.

I've looked here and on the web and couldn't find much. Other than carb your keg with co2 for around 1L volume. Then a set up of 5ft of line and the beer gas mix set at 30psi for serving pressure.

I'm not sure if this is the standard or if there is a calculator available for nitro pours.

Anyway if anyone has a thread, advice, or experience, I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks and cheers

I run a Micromatic stout faucet using 35 psi of 75/25 beer gas. I do carb the stout to ~1.2 volumes on straight CO2 prior to it getting into the keezer and onto beer gas. Actual pressure should be set to achieve the desired effect, imo, and stout faucets may be a bit different in their optimal settings.

For lines you don't want to handicap the faucet by using excessive length - pushing beer through a restrictor is completely different from an unrestricted faucet where resistance is important. 5-6' of 3/16" beer line is usually enough to get from keg to tail piece and that's all that's needed. Again, adjust the beer gas pressure to your desired pour.

As for cylinder size, I use a 10 pound mixed gas tank with a cga580 valve (with a Micromatic regulator, fwiw). I get around [edit] two years out of a fill, pushing 17~20 gallons of stout per year according to my records...

Cheers!

Last edited:
I run a Micromatic stout faucet using 35 psi of 75/25 beer gas. I do carb the stout to ~1.2 volumes on straight CO2 prior to it getting into the keezer and onto beer gas. Actual pressure should be set to achieve the desired effect, imo, and stout faucets may be a bit different in their optimal settings.

For lines you don't want to handicap the faucet by using excessive length - pushing beer through a restrictor is completely different from an unrestricted faucet where resistance is important. 5-6' of 3/16" beer line is usually enough to get from keg to tail piece and that's all that's needed. Again, adjust the beer gas pressure to your desired pour.

As for cylinder size, I use a 10 pound mixed gas tank with a cga580 valve (with a Micromatic regulator, fwiw). I get around [edit] two years out of a fill, pushing 17~20 gallons of stout per year according to my records...

Cheers!
Thank you. This is by far the best brewers forum. That's what I'm looking for, I cant wait to start pouring some stouts soon.

Cheers

I have intertaps. Only have 2 tap kegerator. The nitro tip cost me 15$ . I run same as day tripper 35psi after co2 first @1.2 volumes. I use same beer lines and swap out the tip of the tap . This forum is really insightful , love it here .

Latest posts

Back