Duotight Upgrade - Thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinokath

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I gave myself a little upgrade when I replaced my lousy drip tray to a nice single piece unit and my standard PVC beer lines with EVA barrier tubing using the Kegland duotight fittings. Super easy, clean looking, great quality and good value for the money compared to the PVC and the advantages. It's been up and going for a few weeks now and am loving how it doesn't lose carbonation, the lines are shorter, they can be easily organized - hard to find a fault really.

Anyone out there using the inline regulators? I have one CO2 tank with two regulators on it along with a nitro setup, so I have three lines coming into the kegerator externally. I can fit 5 kegs in there and currently have them all in use. So, in looking at my setup below, would you just stay content with the setup as is, given that one CO2 line is dedicated to soda pressure, or move towards those cool looking inline CO2 regulators from Kegland?

Thoughts?

20230429_141754.jpg

20230429_141829.jpg
20230429_141912.jpg

20230429_141716.jpg

20230429_141929.jpg

20230429_141525.jpg
20230429_141656.jpg

Attachments

• 20230429_141808.jpg
    20230429_141808.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230429_141602.jpg
    20230429_141602.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
There are a few Duotight regulator threads extant, some are referenced in the "Similar Threads" list at the bottom of this thread, then check out this other thread and there are even more referenced threads at the bottom of that one :)

fwiw, similar to your setup, I run one each "low pressure" and "high pressure" lines into my keezer along with the beer gas line, with the low pressure set to 11 psi for the 2.5 volumes I use for most ales, and the "high pressure" line is generally set to 15 psi for my wheat beers and saisons up in the 3+ volume range. If I wanted to add and serve a seltzer, I'd set the high pressure line to 30 psi for that then add a step-down reg to create a 15 psi branch for the wheats/saisons.

Not sure I'd use one of those plastic in line regs or not based on reviews so far. I could set my keezer up with a mount point in the lid to be able to use conventional secondary regs if I ever went that way...

Cheers!

I’ve got a four-way Duotight in-line regulator distributor in my three tap keezer. I keep my primary at 30psi, and usually have 2-3 lines set for carbing or serving. The fourth line is extra long and usually kept coiled and tucked off to the side. It can reach outside the keezer for purging kegs or pushing a transfer. I’m accumulating kegs slowly, but eventually I may have enough to put the fourth line to use carbing the on-deck keg while three are already tapped.

I haven’t had any issues with leaking. My only complaint is the gauge on the mini regulator is difficult to read. I’ve swapped out two of the gauges for digital so far. The numbers are easier to make out, but are only visible if your eyes are close to perpendicular to the face of the gauge; if your angle is off by too much, the lcd digits aren’t readable.

Just saw this thread, and I'm intrigued by those black hose brackets you have. What are they called, and where did you get them? Thanks in advance

Link

Just started using them and they work pretty well. They use VHB tape so as long as you prep the surface properly and allow them to sit for a couple days (since it is so cold in the fridge) to bond, they should be pretty darn permanent. They do look pretty snazzy!

I don't have much to contribute as I'm not currently using the Duotights. Intrigued but haven't converted. I would if I got a new frig or something but not yet.

Anyhow wanted to say it's a great looking setup!

Also that, if I'm right, the duo-tight fittings are 8mm push connect tube fittings, nothing too crazy. McMaster-Carr and likely many other sources would have these fittings in plastic and metal and a zillion regulators to choose from as well. It does seem like a similar setup can be made (at likely a higher cost) out of more "robust" components, if one wished. I may finally do that, I've got EVABarrier tubing all over the place and have occasionally wished to maintain 2 psi levels at once. sounds easy enough...

Latest posts

Back