Nikobrew hop rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eamster

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with the nikobrew hop rhizomes? I have had only one emerge out of sixteen and it has been at least 4 weeks since planting them.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I bought centennial rhizomes last year very late in the season (late May/early June) since Nikobrew was having a blowout on them (ended up being $1/rhizome). I wasn't expecting much out of them since I am guessing they had been sitting in a fridge for quite at least 2 months. I did notice that the rhizomes weren't in the best shape when I got them, but ended up getting about 50% success.

How deep did you plant them?

I got 2 Cascade, 2 Centenial and a Tettnang (for kicks). All have broken ground and seem to be ok, with Centenial and Cascades about 10" tall now. Planted in buckets and brought in/outside as needed for a few weeks. Simple mossy planting soil and a little bit of fish fert.

It has been very wet this spring so I am guessing that is what may have took them out. I will wait longer but I feel it is to late for them.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back