Nhl 2010-2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody see Rypien go after the fan a couple days ago?

Yeah... I kinda like Rypien - to use an old adage, he's proof that "it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." But he's made himself known to players through the league that he's a bit of a goon...

It'll be interesting to see how the league reacts to it. If anything, they'll react on the harsh side, just to 'make it right' for PR. I'd expect at least 6 games... likely more. They'll make an example of him, even though when you actually look at the video it didn't end up being horribly malicious... completely inappropriate, but nobody got hurt.

I've heard that last year the NHL actually put together a video for the players showing clips of player "misconduct" to show them what wouldn't be tolerated...

*disclaimer - I have not seen this, but only heard about it on the news.

IMO it's never right for a player to physically, or even verbally, attack a fan. I suppose he just had enough of some kind of abuse, but the league cannot, and should not, condone this sort of action.

But the fan should have more class than to trash talk a player like that. If all he was doing was clapping because his team got an advantage, then that's not bad sportsmanship. But if he was making fun of the guy, then he ought to not be surprised when the dog bites back!

I really need to see this video. It sort of reminds me of the time that Shanahan (I think) squirted the fan between the glass with the water bottle. The guy has his mouth pressed right between the two glass panels saying crap to Shanny, and Shanny just turns around and soaks him through the crack. EVERYONE was laughing their asses off, the announcers, Shanny, and even the guy doing the trash talking. I don't know if he ever got in trouble for it.

But this other thing reminds me a bit too much like the NBS fiasco in Detroit a few years ago. The player just needs to let security deal with it.

When a fan buys his ticket he can rag on the players all he wants.

Athletes are no different than circus freaks; they are paid for our amusement. Athletes just happen to get paid a bit more.

When a fan buys his ticket he can rag on the players all he wants.

Athletes are no different than circus freaks; they are paid for our amusement. Athletes just happen to get paid a bit more.

I agree, but that doesn't mean he isn't a *****bag Royale for doing it. And I watched that video and I can't see ANYTHING that the fan did that was wrong. I think Rypien is going to have a nice unpaid vacation very soon.

The biggest bummer of the whole situation was that the guy and his buddy were immediately ejected. Security just assumed the fan started the altercation and gave him the boot.

As those seats were likely $100 plus, I'd say they owe him an apology as well as seats at a future game.

I read where they moved those two guys to different seats instead of ejecting them.

I think they should give the arena staff the business for not having the tunnel closed off. That would have gone a long way towards preventing the incident.

The biggest bummer of the whole situation was that the guy and his buddy were immediately ejected. Security just assumed the fan started the altercation and gave him the boot.

As those seats were likely $100 plus, I'd say they owe him an apology as well as seats at a future game.

They were moved to seats on the glass.

Hawks sucked last night.
Worst game I've ever seen Keith play.
Ugh.

Flyers/Pens game tonight .... 7pm can't come soon enough!!

Here's to hoping the Flyers go 2-0 in the the pens new arena!

Latest posts

Back