Nhl 2010-2011

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Crap! Is it that time of year again?? I must have forgotten about it ;)

And Friggin Dish Network and those Fox @55holes can't come to an agreement so I can watch hockey at home. They better work it out or there's gonna be a madman on the loose!

I'm glad Buffalo got rid of the Buffaslug and went back to the original logo and jerseys. They look amazing, and the thirds will be cool to see. I'm originally from Buffalo so its nice to see the old ones again.

Oh yeah. The Merrell house is 100% hockey. Hockey takes over this time of the year. I start coaching youth hockey this month, kids plays hockey (Got love those hockey moms), NHL, college hockey here (Fairbanks Nanooks) and our jounior A division team here (Fairbanks Ice Dogs).

BTW. Go Caps!

:drunk:AVS are undefeated. Hawks Suck

Avs will win the Northwest this year

[sarcasm]
Yes. I absolutely agree. The 2010 Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks sure do suck. They were absolutely horrible last year... and then they traded away all of their crappy players like Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Cambell, Seabrook, and... what's that guy's name?? got the award for being the worst defenseman in the league last year? Bah... I can't remember...

It doesn't really matter though. They were bad last year, and they'll be just horrible again this year...
[/sarcasm]

:D

Kidding aside - Hockey is the best sport ever. Period.

BUFFALO!!!!!!!!!! UNDFEATED (...ahem, thus far...)

I too am happy with the new sweaters. But, anything beats that black/red/silver crap they were wearing for a while.

Yay a thread I can get excited about. That football trash talk thread got me kinda depressed at least we have a badass hockey team. Go Detroit!

Jonathan-Toews-Stanley-Cup.jpg

Raising the banner tonight!

Hahahaha!
Winchester, you hack!
You just took out the only Blues player worse than you!
Nice hit!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know much about home brewing, but I'm learning real quick around here. However Hockey, the greatest sport, is something that I know a thing or two about. So for my first post LETS GO BLUES

thumbnail.aspx

And I am really glad that Winchester hit Jannsen instead of the other way around. Cam will be out for a few games while Brad would have been out most of the season!!!

Dan

Hjalmarsson is an @$$hole for the hit he put on Pominville last night! He better get some time off.

Hjalmarsson is an @$$hole for the hit he put on Pominville last night! He better get some time off.

Even as a Hawks & a Hjalmarsson fan I totally agree.

I think Hjalmarsson just timed the hit wrong, anticipating that Pominville was going to get the puck and turn away from the boards... BUT that didn't happen and he was WAY early with his hit - and it was totally blind...

I love a good hard clean check as much as anybody... but clean wasn't part of that check. He needs to sit for a few games.

And I am really glad that Winchester hit Jannsen instead of the other way around. Cam will be out for a few games while Brad would have been out most of the season!!!

Winchester's hit knocks Jansen out of the lineup and you question Winchester's toughness? I think your man-crush on Jansen is a bit too strong...

Far be it from me to call into question just how tough any player in the NHL might be. As an on ice official, not in the NHL either, it is all I can do at my age just to keep up with the players. Henceforth, I consider all of them to be much tougher than me. This was really meant sort of tongue-in-cheek for a guy who fills today's enforcer role for my favorite hockey team. Especially now that DJ King has been traded. "man-crush"? I'm not really sure I know what that is. The only thing that I might consider to be good fortune in this entire situation was the fact the Ryan Reaves got a chance to play in the "show". Nothing is ever good when a player goes down due to an injury. I have watched Ryan for a few years knowing that he had the talent to make it to the NHL. A game misconduct for not having his sweater tied down does not spell well for immediate further chances. Also, having watched Davis Payne, head coach, come through the ranks from being a player in South Carolina I will assure you he has no tolerance for such inattention mistakes. However, Davis has been coaching Ryan for some time in the ECHL and AHL and knows what he can do.

Lets Go Blues!!

Dan

In the paper Ryan said he had his jersey tied down, it just "pop" off. So who knows, but the fact that every player even Perron was willing to mix it up makes you feel pretty good about the teams toughness.

The Wings do have a hell of a backup in Howard...

If that is how you prefer to see it. I like Ozzie, but the past while I think he makes an OK backup, while Howard looks to be a pretty good starter.

I did not get to see the game last night (thank you Fox Sports and Dish Network @-holes!) but the radio announcer said that the shot Ozzie let by were not his fault.

It just a bit frustrating to know they took 18 shots on goal and lost the game by 3 goals! What??

I'd choose Howard over Ozzie on my fantasy league, but someone else already has him.

But it's good to see Sidney finally getting a goal. At this rate he will be close to Holmstroms output by the end of the year.

LOL - I actually had quotation marks around "backup" in my reply to echo that exact sentiment, but took them out because I read it again and it made it read like I meant it as an insult to Howard... Howard really shouldn't be a backup. He's proven that he's perfectly capable as a starter - more so than Osgood IMO.

Goalies are an interesting study. You get a 2nd string goalie comfortable and settled and "in a rhythm" for a few games because of an injury or something, and next thing you know, rookies are uprooting veterans and backups are playing like All-stars.

wow an entire thread about hockey and not a single mention of the Maple Leafs. well, GO LEAFS GO!! best start in 17 years, i have a good feeling this year. then again, every year is "the" year they win the cup.

i'm kinda new here, just got back into brewing after attempting 2 years ago.

Back