NHL 2009/20020 Season - Drunken Trash talk Allowed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luongo was awesome & rest o' Canucks played a solid game plan.

Ladd rocks Kesler with a quick left:

Ladd taunting, pointing at eye after Kesler goes for the takedown.

Luongo was awesome, the Canucks did play a solid game plan, but this should have been a closer game. Obviously, every month won't be like December, but it seems Huet is offering up some soft goals, and the there are time when the rest of team is throwing the puck away blindly. I'm sure the ship will right itself, but a lot of these game have a playoff type intensity.

Hope Denny enjoyed the victory.

51918119.jpg

Brower beats Nabby again!

Hawks/Canes tonight, last of 8 in row on road, then back to Chicago!

Ward and Staal have another good game and the Canes are finally playing like they did late last year...fourth win in a row, this time over Chicago 4-2.

Too bad guys like Ray Whitney are on the trading block and that the team is going young. Maybe we will get that first draft choice this season after all.

Sadly, I think he is losing his mind. So in MacLean now that I mention it.

Also, I think Cherry is running out of new fabric designs. He's been hitting the 1050's - 1970's couch fabrics pretty hard as of late.

Nice to see Burrows and twins woke up late in the second. I think they either playing with Toronto or trying to give them a chance.

Seriously though, Luongo needs to take a damn break once in a while. Raycroft should have been starting tonight and Luo should have been resting on the bench. Hehe, speaking of. I fell over laughing when I found out Toronto is still paying Raycroft's salary. bwahahaha!

Don Cherry kicks ass.

He's a damned funny guy off camera. He was really suspicious of me, Mr. Southern Hockey fan until he realized I knew a wee bit about the game. I must have talked to him for fifteen minutes about seeing Bobby O play in the old Garden the year the Bruins won their last Cup.

Yeah, I am that old.

He's a damned funny guy off camera. He was really suspicious of me, Mr. Southern Hockey fan until he realized I knew a wee bit about the game. I must have talked to him for fifteen minutes about seeing Bobby O play in the old Garden the year the Bruins won their last Cup.

Yeah, I am that old.

Does your age equal your post count? Wow.

:D

I just watched a repeat of the Bruins and Kings game from last night..Kings won in the shootout..

CAN THE BRUINS GET A FUKCIN BREAK, PLEASE!!!!

Sadly, I think he is losing his mind. So in MacLean now that I mention it.

Also, I think Cherry is running out of new fabric designs. He's been hitting the 1050's - 1970's couch fabrics pretty hard as of late.

Nice to see Burrows and twins woke up late in the second. I think they either playing with Toronto or trying to give them a chance.

Seriously though, Luongo needs to take a damn break once in a while. Raycroft should have been starting tonight and Luo should have been resting on the bench. Hehe, speaking of. I fell over laughing when I found out Toronto is still paying Raycroft's salary. bwahahaha!

Yeah, The coach has seen better days. He doesn't look well to me. I mean I remember the guy from my youth and I'm 40:p Can't live for ever:(

Did you like the way Raycroft was 'Visiting' with the fans after the 4th and 5th goals, hehehe.

Yeah, The coach has seen better days. He doesn't look well to me. I mean I remember the guy from my youth and I'm 40:p Can't live for ever:(

Did you like the way Raycroft was 'Visiting' with the fans after the 4th and 5th goals, hehehe.

Just thanking them for paying his salary (through Toronto ticket sales). lol

Hawks - Blues tonight!
DJ King is back and the Blues can't skate, so I am sure they will goon it up again.
6-1 Hawks

Dave Bolland back, centering Sharp & Hossa.

Was also really surprised the Blues didn't come out and mix it up more, last game looked like the Blues only objective was to skate through players. Last nights game could have been played in a no-check league. Mason was excellent between the pipes and made some tough saves at the end of the periods. With the exception of Bolland and Hossa, the Hawks looked pooped. Beautiful shorthanded goal though.

Hard to say about Kovy, he's a great player so I hope he stays in the NHL, but hope he stays in the East if he doesn't re-sign with Jersey.
I think he rejected ATL's deal just to get out of there to a contender.

Glad to see that Kovy is now off the market. That should make secondary trades for guys like Ray Whitney a little sweeter for us.

Also word is that the Sharks are going to pick up Nic Wallin from the Canes. Jim Rutherford better get better than a fourth draft pick for him. JR's trade deadline deals when he's selling haven't always been so stellar.

I like the move by NJ, and I think for this trade to be considered successful they'll have to make it at least to the conference championship. It will be interesting to watch the East playoff picture shake out over the next 8 weeks.

Agree that ATL isn't that strong of a franchise so this begs the question, has hockey been successful in its geographic expansion into the southern United States? Just curious. I'd like to see Winnipeg and Quebec City get teams back, but understand it's probably unrealistic.

God, This your Ol' buddy Bri...I was watching the Bruins VS Canadians game tonight. Thank you for letting the Bruins have a 2 goal lead into the 3rd. But WTF!!! Can you please give this team a break.. Now we are up to 9 losses in a row?? I mean it's not like I'm killin puppies or something. Ok God, Well maybe Saturday night is when the tide will turn and we can get on a winning streak...Thanks in advance, Your good buddy Bri.....:drunk:

Agree that ATL isn't that strong of a franchise so this begs the question, has hockey been successful in its geographic expansion into the southern United States? Just curious.

Given that it is one of the smallest markets in pro sports, but support for the Hurricanes has been steady since they came here over ten years ago.

Anyone catch the Hawks game last night? (Chicago feed)
At one point in the 2nd, somebody somehow got a mic (yelled right into on glass mic?) and yelled "F@#K YOU BARKER!!!"
It was LOUD. Far louder than the announcers or anything else on mic.
Highlight of the game.

There are some hardcore ATL fans here.. The problem is since we are a southern city, hockey doesn't have the history down here... The fans of the game here tend to be the transplants from the North, who continue to support their home teams from above the Mason Dixon... I get that to a degree... However, it pisses me off when I see more Bruins / Red Wings / Rangers / etc / etc / etc jerseys in the stands when those teams are in town...

That being said, I am glad Kovy is gone... Hope the Devils wanted someone who provides no defensive help and likes to sit at the blue line waiting for a shot... As of the last few months, that is what he is good for...

Back