NHL 2009/20020 Season - Drunken Trash talk Allowed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hawks 3-0 on the annual Circus Trip so far. (7 game win streak total!)
CAL & EDM looked like little bitches, VAN played much better, Niemi saved game for Hawks.
Hossa back Wed. against Sharks!
Sharks are always scary though, Jumbo Joe is my hero.

The Blues have yet to win three in a row this season. Special teams killed us last night. 2 PPGAs, 0-4 on the PP, gave up a shorty.

This has not been the season that Blues fans expected after last year's strong finish.

Hawks 3-0 on the annual Circus Trip so far. (7 game win streak total!)
CAL & EDM looked like little bitches, VAN played much better, Niemi saved game for Hawks.
Hossa back Wed. against Sharks!
Sharks are always scary though, Jumbo Joe is my hero.

Will be great to see Hossa in the lineup against the Sharks, should be a good game to watch. Against Vancouver it was like watching last year's playoff series again. Looking ahead in the schedule I don't like the month of January for the Hawks. Four home games all month...could be tough, but if they can stay on a roll. I like the seven in a row, but would rather not see them be so streaky.

@arturo...I'm sure the Blues will come surging back if they can get the puck in the net. November looked like a reasonably tough month, and the Goals Against is pretty low. They always seem to be right there in the final two months of the season.

The final score was not what I was expecting, but a great game by the Hawks in San Jose tonight. Team chemistry looked pretty seamless with Hossa in the lineup which is good to see. Eight in a row baby!

The final score was not what I was expecting, but a great game by the Hawks in San Jose tonight. Team chemistry looked pretty seamless with Hossa in the lineup which is good to see. Eight in a row baby!

WOW!
I was thinking Sharks would win 3-2 or 4-5 or something.
I thought Hossa would be a factor in the game but 1 SHG & 1 evG? No, I didn't expect that. 3 shorties in a row for Hawks! YAY!

Really though, Jumbo Joe is always dead on with his passes, and Heater is damn fast with the quick-wrister/one-timer.
But Pat Foley (hawks TV announcer) had it right, "it looked like the Harlem Globetrotters out there"

They are playing NHL again? I thought they quit a few years ago.

I will never come back to the game after the poor little rich guys took a year away from me.

I came on hockey late in life so it has no previous childhood memories with me.

The baseball strike of 94 took away a world series from me. It wasn't until the Mcgwire/Sosa home run duel that I was brought back to it. I played and watched baseball as a youngster so it had that appeal to me. I am not sure even if we got a return of a young Wayne Gretsky that it will get me back.

@pro sports, Keep on having labor disputes and sky high ticket prices and you will lose your fan base.

The Blues have still yet to win three in a row. And none of the third game losses were close.

Oh well, at least we're not the Leafs...

They are playing NHL again? I thought they quit a few years ago.

I will never come back to the game after the poor little rich guys took a year away from me.

I came on hockey late in life so it has no previous childhood memories with me.

The baseball strike of 94 took away a world series from me. It wasn't until the Mcgwire/Sosa home run duel that I was brought back to it. I played and watched baseball as a youngster so it had that appeal to me. I am not sure even if we got a return of a young Wayne Gretsky that it will get me back.

@pro sports, Keep on having labor disputes and sky high ticket prices and you will lose your fan base.

I said the same thing during the baseball strike and had a fairly difficult time after the NHL lockout, but it was something that I do have a great amount of childhood memories of and that is what brought me back to the game.

In a lot of ways, you sound like you would make a great Chicago Blackhawks fan. When I was growing up watching hockey the names Larmer, Savard, Chelios, Konroyd, Secord, Belfour, Roenick, Wilson, Stumpy, and at least three Sutter brothers were our sports idols. At the time, management traded many away for nothing, never renewed contracts, or just didn't care what the fans thought and this was after winning a Presidents Trophy and appearing in the Finals against the Pens. Hockey in Chicago went into hibernation and has only started to come back to where it once was in the Chicago sports scene. In some ways, I'm thankful that Bill Wirtz wouldn't show home games because I got to listen to Pat Foley and Dale Tallon on the radio, just like my grandfather listend to baseball games on his radio....there is nothing that sends more chills up my span than Pat Foley screaming Bannerman! after a great save. My first sporting event was Chicago vs Calgary in like 1987 when I was 10 years old, and my group of friends spent many an afternoon playing in the street, some frozen pond, or at the local ice rink because we just loved the game. Not saying you'll ever come back to the game, which is fine, but it seems that in my opinion hockey has always had the fewest primadonnas or ego driven players and collectively seem to be quite generous in the communities they represent. I didn't mean to go on some rant about this and I respect your decision, but you should give hockey another chance its a great sport to watch and follow.

Gotta love Pat Foley!

Yeah Pat! Tell us how you really feel!
(I remember hearing that on the radio during my lunch break when it happened)

Last edited by a moderator:
Canucks need to acquire a star. They could really use a big center (like a young Sundin) or a Pavel Bure like fast forward with good puck skills (but without the Russian mob connections). Oh, and a new coach.

Big Dustin Bufyglien coast to coast for the game winner in OT!
Major wheels for such a big dude.

Here's a sweet goal from Hossa, glove to stick to net, puck never touches ice:

Woo Hoo! Hawks-Blues 1st meeting tonight!
I'm gonna drink some beer, watch some hockey.

3-2 Hawks, goals from Versteeg, Hossa, & Keith.
Eager vs Janssen. Fraser vs Winchester.

Maybe a crazy period like this game last year:

CHI 3, STL 0

More PIM for Blues than shots on goal.
They can't suck that bad, can they?
They seem to have the talent, they need new coach?

Game got chippy in the last 20 seconds.
2nd Hawks shutout in row where (poorly) opposing teams felt the need to mess with CHI goalies in the last minute of the game.

51125127.jpg

51125196.jpg

Latest posts

Back