NFL Playoffs (1/12 - 1/13)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is a home team going to lose this weekend?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
RICLARK said:
I haven't Brought up anything about them "Cheating" It seems they did pretty well without doing it....But I Dont like the the NE Snobage goin on Just because they broke records dont make them invincible how many records did peyton break before he won the superbowl? Any Team can Lose on any givin day and Really if you look at it NE should of lost to Baltimore but Baltimore screwed themselves on that 4th down timeout and all the penalties, Sometimes its just your year but there far from Invincible and ya Grant fumbled twice but what happened after that? The Seahawks have probably the best Linebacker Core in the League and had nothing they could do. Like I said if NE does win it will be no Blow out....As well we still hve to get past this weekend the Gmen and the chargers will not go down without a fight!

Going 16-0 in the regular season is not"just your year". Yes, any team can lose on any given day, but the pats haven't. That's what makes this a very special year. You seem to not give the Pats the props they deserve. Imagine how tough it is to win every game in a year. Only one other team has done it.

And the Pats didn't have one fumble this year.

Bulls Beers said:
And the Pats didn't have one fumble this year.

I call BS.

6158-BSFlag.jpg

Faulk had a fumble, but did not lose it.
Brady had 6 fumbles and lost 4. (http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/profile?id=BRA371156)
Welker had 3 but didn't lose any of them.
Ben Watson fumbled once but didn't lose it.

I understand being proud of your team and all, but stats from nfl.com don't lie.

I'll give them their props. They beat my team once so far this season. But I'm not going to give them 19-0 until they actually win the games. And they have fumbled this year.

ohiobrewtus said:
I call BS.

6158-BSFlag.jpg

Faulk had a fumble, but did not lose it.
Brady had 6 fumbles and lost 4. (http://www.nfl.com/players/tombrady/profile?id=BRA371156)
Welker had 3 but didn't lose any of them.
Ben Watson fumbled once but didn't lose it.

I understand being proud of your team and all, but stats from nfl.com don't lie.

Oh ya, Like you've never made a mistake. I heard it on a sports channel today.

SuperiorBrew said:
You mean haven't so far :D

LOL!! You guys are funny..Every week you say we are gonna lose and we never do. Win or lose this week, it's been an amazing season. We all will never see this again..

We better Fukcin win......:D

Bulls Beers said:
I would like to see a Green Bay, Patriots superbowl. We owe you for the last one..:D

We??? Awesome! Which position did you play in that one?? Can I have your autograph? I didn't know that HBT had a bona fide NFL star in its' ranks!

Oh, wait. You must be the same guy that has never fumbled..............:rolleyes:

Bernie Brewer said:
We??? Awesome! Which position did you play in that one?? Can I have your autograph? I didn't know that HBT had a bona fide NFL star in its' ranks!

Oh, wait. You must be the same guy that has never fumbled..............:rolleyes:

Ouch!! Maybe we fumble, but "WE" go 16-0... Don't worry. The Amazing Brett will handle the fumbling...

Bulls Beers said:

Reading your posts, you remind me an awful lot of the overly cocky Buffalo Sabres fan from last year who made an ass of himself and then learned to regret his actions.

May the same end result be born unto you.

Karma sucks. ;)

Dude said:
Reading your posts, you remind me an awful lot of the overly cocky Buffalo Sabres fan from last year who made an ass of himself and then learned to regret his actions.

May the same end result be born unto you.

Karma sucks. ;)

"May the same end results be born unto you"...Wow!! that angry..

Did the Sabres win every game?No. Man, talk about jealous. My team just won every game of the season. Broke a bunch of records, and might go down as the best team in history. I'm excited. Jeez..

When I hear people dis my team i get upset. So sue me. If i ragged on St Brett, I would get killed by Packer fans. What's the difference. The Patriots are a dynasty.I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts. I'm sick of people thinking it's not a big deal what they are doing.Cocky? maybe. There on the verge of winning a 4th superbowl in 7 years.

Bulls Beers said:
"May the same end results be born unto you"...Wow!! that angry..

Did the Sabres win every game?No. Man, talk about jealous. My team just won every game of the season. Broke a bunch of records, and might go down as the best team in history. I'm excited. Jeez..

When I hear people dis my team i get upset. So sue me. If i ragged on St Brett, I would get killed by Packer fans. What's the difference. The Patriots are a dynasty.I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts. I'm sick of people thinking it's not a big deal what they are doing.Cocky? maybe. There on the verge of winning a 4th superbowl in 7 years.

Dude, chill. And uhhhh....jealous? My team is in the exact same spot as your team is (odds on favorites to advance to the Super Bowl) so where is the jealousy? My team could have beaten up on the weakest division in the NFL as well.

So far you've incorrectly stated the fumbling thing, and railed someone on the spygate thing. Spygate was REAL. It happened. If you think it didn't contribute to 3 SB championships in 6 years, or even this 16-0 season, you are blind.

For the record, I enjoy watching the Patriots this season. I could do without the arrogance that oozes off of every one of them, but that is just me.

I'm just letting you know. The longer this thread goes, it seems the cockier you get. That won't win any sympathy from anyone who may come to your aid.

I really hate to pour fuel on the fire but I just can't stop myself :D

[YOUTUBE]nGek5NVI9Ks[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]cak1m9DkMSg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]h4Fz1nSAnHY[/YOUTUBE]

Dude said:
Dude, chill. And uhhhh....jealous? My team is in the exact same spot as your team is (odds on favorites to advance to the Super Bowl) so where is the jealousy? My team could have beaten up on the weakest division in the NFL as well.

So far you've incorrectly stated the fumbling thing, and railed someone on the spygate thing. Spygate was REAL. It happened. If you think it didn't contribute to 4 SB championships in 7 years, or even this 16-0 season, you are blind.

For the record, I enjoy watching the Patriots this season. I could do without the arrogance that oozes off of every one of them, but that is just me.

I'm just letting you know. The longer this thread goes, it seems the cockier you get. That won't win any sympathy from anyone who may come to your aid.

Who mentioned spygate? Get your facts right. I never said anything about that. Get over it. It was 8 minutes into the first quarter of the first game. C'mon. You think no other team does anytihng to get ahead , your crazy. They all do someting. If you could call the patriots anything, it's arrogant. Nothing more. Even Bill Parcels and Jimmy Johnson said they did stuff to get an edge. They all did something Stop being naive.

Thanks for you help, But I dont need anybody coming to my aid..I'm just passionate about a team that has been successful for many years.

Just as passionate as you would be if some were disrespecting your team.

Bulls Beers said:
You still have to be half wise about it. I heard every bonehead on the tube and the net dis the Chargers since the beginning of the playoffs, but we're still here. You just have to let it ride and enjoy the wins.:ban:

'That's how you're gonna beat 'em, Butch. They keep underestimating you.'

Bulls Beers said:
Who mentioned spygate? Get your facts right. I never said anything about that. Get over it. It was 8 minutes into the first quarter of the first game. C'mon. You think no other team does anytihng to get ahead , your crazy. They all do someting. If you could call the patriots anything, it's arrogant. Nothing more. Even Bill Parcels and Jimmy Johnson said they did stuff to get an edge. They all did something Stop being naive.

Thanks for you help, But I dont need anybody coming to my aid..I'm just passionate about a team that has been successful for many years.

Sorry, that was Glohoppa, my bad.

Keep it up...karma sucks.

Dude said:
Sorry, that was Glohoppa, my bad.

Keep it up...karma sucks.

I'm a big believer in karma. I don't see where that applies here.

On a different note, Dude, I went to see your site. It seems to be down. I wasn't sure you knew that...

Green Bay TV Station Sacks Eli Manning's Seinfeld

In an amusing if ultimately inconsequential bid to throw Eli Manning off his game, Green Bay, Wisconsin, affiliate WLUK-TV has canceled a rerun of Seinfeld (the Giants QB's favorite program) slated to air Saturday at 5:30 pm. The purpose is to deprive Manning, who at that time would be in his hotel room relaxing before Sunday's NFC Championship game, of the smallest pleasure — not that there's anything wrong with that. — Matt Mitovich

In an amusing if ultimately inconsequential bid to throw Eli Manning off his game, Green Bay, Wisconsin, affiliate WLUK-TV has canceled a rerun of Seinfeld
Yeah, it was amusing and it is inconsequential. While I know living in New York City is a tad more expensive than north MS, I image Manning could scrape up enough cash to buy a portable DVD player and the Seinfeld DVD set. But having heard this on at least four or five different sports programs it did accomplish what the station was actually after -- publicity. Image what it would have cost to pay for that air time. Smart move.

Rick

GoPackIcon.jpg

Re Head tattooed like Brady's helmet:

Reporter's voice-over at start says "It's the sound of dedication." No, it's the sound of idiocy. And I'd say the same if it was Favre's helmet; idiocy.

I liked Kornheiser's take on PTI (something like): "Let me take a personal moment here; to my kids, if you ever think of doing something like this . . . don't."

GoPackIcon.jpg

Rick

Gonna be the Pack over the Giants, going to 42 against the Pats, kinda like '96, with the Pack WINNING!!!

Back