Next Glass App

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbob7171

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I came across an app in the app store called Next Glass. For those not aware, you rate beers on a 1 - 4 star scale and based on your ratings and the companies analytical data of various beers, it can tell you how much they think you'll like a beer you haven't tried.

Just wondering if anyone has given this app a shot and what your thoughts were.

http://nextglass.co/

btw, I am in no way affiliated with this company... just curious to see what people think about it.

Tried it. It has promise. Scanning labels is nifty, but nothing more than a gimmick that becomes irritating to use. If it has such a good database, where are the suggestions? I have to find a beer first, then it will give me odds on my liking it.

I like the concept, market is heating up in this space, when I'm buying wine it would be very helpful to have an app to show user ratings which is what I care about, always found professional reviews to never be as accurate as amateur ratings, but then you have to get users inputting reviews/ratings in mass to make it worthwhile like an Untapped product.

Back