Newguy from Maine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguinetti

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Figured I should make one of these... I am about as new to brewing as possible without being completely numb to what brewing is. I don't even have equipment yet (should be buying gear before the end of January), but my goal is to start making my own mead. I like the taste of the mead I tried, and I love making things with my own hands (like cooking a fantastic meal or growing your own herbs). Hence, the interest in brewing. I decided to join this and gotmead.com to see if I can get as much information as possible.

I know show meads are probably the trickiest meads to make, but I really like the simplicity (maybe not the right word) of a show mead, so my goal is to experiment with that and see if I can get the process right to make a really good show mead.

Anyways, any help / hints / tips / tricks are always appreciated!

Welcome man, good luck in your attempts at brewing mead and any mental variations you can come up with / find on the web!

It's always good to have another mainer on board! Welcome to the club

Back