Newbies from Virginia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleJohnnys

Reaction score
About to start my first brew with my brother in law tomorrow. My wife got him a kit last fall and a turkey fryer for Christmas and we're finally going to fire it all up after we go pick up a donor fridge.....:D

Well, sampled first homebrew and it was an Imperial kit from Brewers Best. Kick's butt!!!:rockin: Somewhere between a Raging ***** and Breckenridge Brewery's small batch 471 IPA. Not quite as hoppy as Raging but really close to the 471. Raging can be a little too much at times.

Only been bottled for a week so it was a little less carbonated than it should be but tasted awesome. Going for an all grain on the next one and still waiting on the Oktoberfest....:ban:

Only been bottled for a week so it was a little less carbonated than it should be but tasted awesome. Going for an all grain on the next one and still waiting on the Oktoberfest....:ban:

Higher gravity beers will sometimes take longer to carb up could take several weeks or more. I have a 13% IPA that took a really long time to carb properly.

And welcome to the addiction.

Higher gravity beers will sometimes take longer to carb up could take several weeks or more. I have a 13% IPA that took a really long time to carb properly.

And welcome to the addiction.

13%...I want some of that :drunk:
It is an addiction. Now I look at every large pot and water bottle as a possible addition.

Thanks for the welcome.

Back