Newbie Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLGolfer72

Reaction score
I brewed an American Wheat extract kit 3 weeks ago. Is was only supposed to ferment for two but I forgot to order bottle caps. I am leaving on vacation until Monday now and I am now left with two options. 1: Load all the stuff to bottle it and take it with me. (the place I am going has a brew store. 2: wait until Monday and bottle it then. I guess my question is, does another 4 days in the fermenter really hurt the beer? It's already a week overdue. I don't want to just pour 5 gallons down the drain!

Relax, have a homebrew. Longer is almost always better for homebrewers. If it was done in a week and you still take a month to bottle, there's really not much to worry about.

If you live somewhere cold, then you could take the opportunity to cold crash the beer by putting your fermenter somewhere cold while you're gone. If you don't have a cold area, then just leave it alone and get to it when you get to it.

also, if you're going to be bottling a lot, it's always good to have a couple bags of caps.

Go have fun, your beer is like a dog it will miss you but it wont have any idea how long youve been gone.

That's a relief! I really didn't want to haul that **** with me on my vacation! Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back