Newbie Kegerator Opinion / Marvel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maykinit

Reaction score
I'm considering doing some home brewing. I never have before. Having looked at my options, I don't have any interest in going the bottling root. Too much trouble as far as I'm concerned. Having said that, I don't want to invest a lot of money into a hobby that I don't know matter of factly will "stick" for me. I've happened upon a Kegerator for sale. Gentleman cannot for whatever reason give me a model number but advises it is about 8 years old. From what I've seen the Marvel name appears to be a higher end unit. The unit is a black single tap, comes with shelf, 10LB CO2, new lines, commercial keg adapter(whatever that means), and a drip tray. Black. What should I look for when looking at the unit? And in your opinion what would be a fair price? Any advice or suggestions? I'll take whatever advise I can get. Thanks very much!

Given your uncertainty about homebrewing long term the commercial keg adapter would be an attractive extra for you. With that adapter you can hook up sanke style kegs - same as you would get from a beer store - and serve commercial beer. So even if homebrewing doesn't stick you can continue to utilize the kegerator.

Other than that it seems like a fairly complete set up minus kegs. Without pictures I wouldn't venture guessing a price though...sorry.

Back