Newbie in Brooklyn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alerievay

Reaction score
Hi, all! My name is Valerie, I live in Brooklyn, and I got started brewing when my husband bought a Coopers kit for me for Valentine's Day. I'm on my third batch, and I've upgraded and supplemented the kit along the way. First batch was good, second batch (Hefeweizen) had issues due to a heat wave in April, but the third batch (Kolsch) seems to be coming along nicely since I broke down and bought an Igloo IceCube to control temps. It's a week and a half into primary.

Looking forward to learning more about my latest hobby. :)

Welcome. I'm a new jack here, but everyone is real friendly and there is plenty of knowledge. I am in Old Mill Basin, by Marine Park.

Welcome to the obsession, Valerie. People here will be able to answer almost any question you have, so fire away.

We've got good friends that live down on Presidents. Ever been to that cool beer shop in Brooklyn Heights?

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm rarely in downtown Brooklyn, but Park Slope has a good beer shop in Bierkraft. They have a really nice selection (plus they have the best ice cream sandwiches in the city).

Back