Newbie in Austin TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcmojo66

Reaction score
New member here! Started my 1st batch yesterday - a 20th annivesary Hefeweizen from Austin Homebrew Supply and it appears all is going well. Woke up this morning to a bubbling airlock!! I can't thank this community enough as I have lurked for months learning so much and getting so many of my questions and concerns answered. $25 is an incredibly small amount to pay back. I look forward to the coming weeks and months as my new hobby takes flight.

Welcome! I'm up north here in Cedar Park. Since you're local, check out the Texas Carboy or Austin Zealots homebrew club.

Glad to have another Austinite brewing. The Carboys and Zealots are both great clubs, if you are up north there is the Round Rock Homebrewing Guild as well: www.floccu.com

Sounds like your first beer is cooking away!

Checking in as another new Austinite. I'm on batch #2. Started with an AHS West Coast Pale Ale about a month ago and now have an AHS American IPA in primary that I brewed yesterday.

howdy from a little farther south! let me know how that brew comes out because I was actually looking at trying that exact same one!

I am a newb doing my 6th batch (well maybe not brand new to brewing but new to the forum) and live south of Austin in the hill country
Happy to be here, might be my 6th batch but still soooooo many questions!
My newest batch also started bubbling right away, it has now slowed down quite some, 5th day in the bucket

[edit] btw doing a honey ale, more or less put the recipe together myself (well and with a tad bit of help of one of the awesome peeps at AHS ;o)

Welcome from Georgetown, that was the exact beer I was going to brew next. Let us know how it turns out! Extract I presume?

Welcome neighbor......at least that is where we go to play on the weekends.

Forgot to report back...the AHS American IPA turned out awesome, I would highly recommend it. It has great hops to it w/out being too much for people that don't typically like IPAs. I love big IPAs but my wife doesn't...but she liked this one.

Welcome from Round Rock. My first brew is in the Primary right now.
IMG_2631z.jpg

Back