Newbie from St Louie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdMerican

Reaction score
Hello all. Just got in to brewing with a batch of persimmon wine and its gonna take a good while. Figured i drink a lot more beer than wine (and it doesn't take NEAR the time) so i should give it a go. I will ask in advance for all of your forgiveness for run-on sentences and the occasional gratuitous punctuation. If anyone has a good yuengling clone recipe they could point me to i would appreciate it :D just had it the first time over the weekend and wife loved it, and i surely didn't hate it.

Slainte :mug:

Ed

For some reason they had Conks in goal? I don't get it, big game in Chicago and you put your #1 on the bench.

Couldn't say, arturo... not a hockey guy. Not much of a sports guy in general actually :eek:

Thanks all for the warm welcome :D

Thanks BS. Glad to be here.

Just made up a batch of Ed Wort's Apfelwein last night. Already starting to get some little bubbles up top.

I guess i should've clarified about the Yuengling in the first post... Had the traditional lager. although i do suppose that at the moment i don't have the capacity to brew a lager (no temp controlled environment yet)

Well I don't know what your arrangements are like but now is the time to do a lager, it sure is cold enough outside! But I feel your pain, I don't have nearly the control I want there either.

Hello all. Just got in to brewing with a batch of persimmon wine and its gonna take a good while. Figured i drink a lot more beer than wine (and it doesn't take NEAR the time) so i should give it a go. I will ask in advance for all of your forgiveness for run-on sentences and the occasional gratuitous punctuation. If anyone has a good yuengling clone recipe they could point me to i would appreciate it :D just had it the first time over the weekend and wife loved it, and i surely didn't hate it.

Slainte :mug:

Ed

yuengling rocks drink the hell out of it all summer long at the festies. Hey take it from me the cans taste way better than the bottles!

Welcome to the forum!

I'm heading to St. Louis this weekend to tour some breweries. Thinking about touring Schlafly and/or Busch. Any experience or recommendations?

Meister, Schlafly is awesome. They got great beer and REALLY good food, and their brewery is pretty cool... just make sure you go to the bottleworks in maplewood, not the tap room downtown. Nothing against the taproom, but they dont brew there. Busch is a neat way to see how they make a metric sh*t ton of beer, and you get a couple free samples at the end, but IMHO they dont make anything I would even give to my dog. And it makes the whole damn city smell like spoiled dog food. (and i dont live too far from it...) Morgan Street on the landing is ok, but on the weekends you get a lot of frat bro boys pounding pitchers of bud light and trying to pick a fight. It's much more of a bar than a brew pub. The beer there isnt bad, but it doesn't impress me much. O'Fallon brewery makes good beer, but I have never been. Hope that gives you a starting point :)

Meister, Schlafly is awesome. They got great beer and REALLY good food, and their brewery is pretty cool... just make sure you go to the bottleworks in maplewood, not the tap room downtown. Nothing against the taproom, but they dont brew there. Busch is a neat way to see how they make a metric sh*t ton of beer, and you get a couple free samples at the end, but IMHO they dont make anything I would even give to my dog. And it makes the whole damn city smell like spoiled dog food. (and i dont live too far from it...) Morgan Street on the landing is ok, but on the weekends you get a lot of frat bro boys pounding pitchers of bud light and trying to pick a fight. It's much more of a bar than a brew pub. The beer there isnt bad, but it doesn't impress me much. O'Fallon brewery makes good beer, but I have never been. Hope that gives you a starting point :)

Thanks for the great info! I was leaning towards Schlafly, this seals it. :ban: :mug:

Ill second Schlafly, although i have only been to the taproom. And the Ofallon brewery does tours by appointment only and they don't have a brew pub.

You can also check out the International Tap Room, which isn't far from the ABINBEV brewery. They have one of the best tap selections in STL. I would also recommend visiting Six Row brewery and Ray Hill's. Six row I think is celebrating their one year anniversary Saturday, so that should be a blast.

Wow, BS. You let me in on some breweries I didn't know about. Awesome :D
I'll have to look in to them as well...

Latest posts

Back