Newbie from Dallas area...Howdy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DublOh7

Reaction score
I have joined the forum to read, and learn, and read, and learn BEFORE I mess something up, ha, ha. I haven't started brewing yet, but I am purchasing equipment from my LHBS..and HD..and Lowe's..etc. And containers all look different now - I'm learning the actual size of every pot and jar in the house.

Question - I would like to brew a pale ale for the first one. I will be using DME and specialty grains. Can't I steep some hops with the grains? Wouldn't that mimic the "First Wort Hopping" of an all-grain brew? I am hoping to build a complex hop flavor without being overwhelming.

Thanks for being there - I am excited about brewing and this forum is great!

Welcome to the forum! Do you have an LHBS in Arlington or are you going to Fort Worth? HomebrewHQ in Plano would be a far drive for you, but it's a great store.

About the first wort hopping, and your other questions, I can't really say as I don't have much experience yet, but if you take it to the beginner's forum, you'll almost surely get a bunch of responses there.

This is a great forum. Stick around and post often.

Right now I am using The WineMaker Shop in Ft. Worth. There's supposed to be another LHBS in Arlington, but their phone doesn't answer.

I am excited about brewing, but I am trying to read and ask all the most stupid questions upfront, before I mess up tooooo bad.

Love the forums - great people. :D

Back