Newbie currently residing in Belgium

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith_Mahoney

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah yeah they have great beers here, but I still ask for beer from the States for all holidays. Since I can't find an American style IPA here I decided to make my own.

I just ordered a better basic kit from NB along with some odds and ends and their extract kits for " three hearted ale" and "extra pale ale" with an additional oz. of Cascade hops to be added as a late addition.

I'll start with the extra pale ale since it appears to be a simpler recipe with a lower OG so it should be ready for drinking earlier. Then I'll move on to the 3 hearted.
Unfortunately these will probably be the only beers I brew for a while. I have to wait 4-6 weeks for them to be delivered. Then I have to brew them and drink them before I move back to the States in April.
But until then I am trying to drink as many of these http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/149/47583 so that I can collect the bottles to bring back with me.
The brewery is right up the road from me. I just went up there and picked up 2 cases yesterday. I can see the guy at the front desk wondering why I don't bring empties back.

Oh well, I am glad to be here and hope to learn a lot and move up to AG brewing when I get back to the States. Especially since the wife and are hoping to retire in Central/South America post military and access to great beer may be questionable.

You live in the brewing equivalent of Mecca, you are a deeply fortunate man. Please send any excess good beer karma you are collecting over to this side of the pond, please. And welcome!

Back