Newbie brewer in Kazakhstan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dividedsky99

Reaction score
Hey all, new to this forum. I'm an American diplomat living in Kazakhstan now. Got interested in craftbrewing since the local beers here are limited and rather awful. My lovely wife got me an "everything" set up from Midwest Supplies and I've been doing (and will continue to) do the Mr. Beer action.

Welcome! That's pretty wild to order brew supplies from Minnesota to Kazakhstan...can't be too cheap. Is it legal to brew over there?

OMG DO YOU KNOW BORAT??!! "Dis is my seester.....biggest whore in all of kazakhstan!"

Sorry, can't help myself :D

Welcome!!

Hey all! Survival brewing is indeed the case...I get my equipment via diplomatic pouch (mail) which takes about 2 weeks from the U.S. but at least it's sent to Northern Virginia and then Uncle Sam puts it on an airplane heading my way (i.e. no liquid yeast for me...)

I've never checked on the legality but it's gotta be legal to brew - I live in the land of "samagonka" or moonshine vodka. Some people here have their own home distillers to make it. Many Kazakhstani people, and especially U.S. diplomats, are psyched to see such determination for good brew!

That's awesome!! My wife wants us to retire in the Philippines some day so I was planning to do the same, I hope we can get the supplies..

World peace through brewing!!! Maybe the Iranians will give up their nukes for a MLT, brew kettle and a few glass carboys.

Latest posts

Back