Newb in Houston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybird77

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Jason, and I'm new to the site. Been browsing around a while, trying to absorb as much information as I can, and finally decided to make it official. I'm also new to brewing, and currently have my first batch, an American Pale Ale which I brewed with a buddy who's been brewing a while, sitting in the second fermenter waiting to be bottled. Anyway, as the title suggests, I'm in Houston. Hope to learn alot, and I'll probably mostly keep my mouth shut and my eyes and ears open until I get some more brew time under my belt.

Cheers,
Jason

Welcome aboard. I am also fairly new to brewing. My third batch is in the primary waiting on dryhopping. What is your next brew?

Thanks guys. I'm in Oak Forest (610/Ella). We're probably going to do another Pale Ale after this one, as my buddy is brewing all the beer for an upcoming wedding. It'll be a chance for me to really get down some of the basics and get used to the process before I jump in by myself.

I am looking to go all grain for my fifth batch which is coming up in a few weeks. Hoping to have more flexibility formulating recipes and the price break will be nice as well. Has anyone seen a posting for group buys in Houston? I have another friend here that would be interested.

Jaybird, I am in same neighborhood. We will have to sample beers sometime. I think Petrol has a competition every year also.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. We just got back from vacation, so I've been off the site.

I do love me some petrol station, especially since it's only a block from my house, and we just walk there.

FYI, I'll be working at the Saint Arnold brewery tour this weekend slinging beer. Look for this guy, minus the Lederhosen.
0ee38dd1.jpg

Back