Newb in Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwic

Reaction score
Hello, all! My girlfriend got me a kit and some equipment a while ago and I have been so afraid of messing up a batch that I've been doing a lot of reading, including HBT, and not a low of brewing. I finally pulled the trigger on the California Lager kit she got me. I have tremendous patience (which, I gather, bodes well for brewing) but I am also quite eager to brew more and more and more and really get the feel for it. Thank you, in advance, for indulging the myriad questions I'm certain I will ask. :mug:

Bro like Bmilla said, you are doing the right thing by doing a little bit of reading before starting.

Don't sweat it man. We all make mistakes, its part of the learning process. My first batch, I ended up scorching the wort but I still drank the beer because I was so proud of it. If you make a mistake, it just means you will be more prepared for the next brew. Experience is everything bro, so get out there and start brewin'!

Welcome to one of the most addicting hobbies out there. Glad to have you here with us.

Welcome! Where in Chicago are you located? There's quite a few of us Chicagoans on this board.

I always thought newb was spelled noob? Anyways, who wants to party? I know I do!

HAHAHA. Funny. I was debating about the spelling and I thought, "Well, I'm a NEW (home) Brewer" so it must be spelled "Newb."

I'm in Bucktown (Western and Armitage basically). Glad to hear there's so many Chicagons! Do people get together and talk shop and/or brew together?

Speaking of Chicago, I went all the way down to BevArt for the yeast for my first batch and then a friend told me about Brew & Grow just north of Addison on Kedzie; much, much, much closer to me (Western & Armitage). Do you guys shop there?

Speaking of Chicago, I went all the way down to BevArt for the yeast for my first batch and then a friend told me about Brew & Grow just north of Addison on Kedzie; much, much, much closer to me (Western & Armitage). Do you guys shop there?

I shop at the Brew and Grow in ROSELLE and those guys are great.

I shop at Brew and Grow all the time. Always have their stuff stocked. Some stuff is a bit pricey. I try to buy ingredients in bulk online. But over all those guys are very helpful and are always willing to help out.

Back