newb bottling/conditioning question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keystoner

Reaction score
hey all,
got a pretty newb question for you all. just brewed my first batch, an ipa, and im approaching bottling day. the recipe says to store in a dark, warm, temperature stable area between 64-72 f. my house is always warmer than this. what would be my best course of action? i used a swamp cooler to keep my fermentation bucket around those temps. also, i purchased the cool brewing fermentation cooler (https://www.cool-brewing.com/BuyNow.aspx) and it should be here tomorrow. can i use that with ice to keep the bottles around the required temperature? thanks.

Just leave it at whatever temp it is. You really don't need to worry about too hot. The only reason they give temp ranges for bottle carbing is so that you realize thatyeast will NOT carb if it's below it's dormancy temp. 70 or above is the optimum temp, and it takes at least 3 weeks to carb when above 70, longer for below.

In regards to temp. I am unable to find any place in my house under 80 deg. So is there a max. Temp. For bottle condishining

Thank you also loved your info on bottling was very informative other that the temp. Which is a prob out here in lower Ct. Thanks again

Back