New Yeast Manufacter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure I'd trust it at this point. Plus it sounds to me that they've simply taken a culture from WhiteLabs or Wyeast and put another name on it. Sure that's what most people do too, but to make your name in a business like the yeast biz, you need to sell something unique. I won't be buying from them anytime soon, not because of any reason other than this is the FIRST I heard about them. East Coast yeast was sending yeast to homebrewers as guinea pigs for a while before he made it into a commercial venture.

Never heard of it it till now. I'd be willing to give it a try though. I probably won't though.

You would think a new competitor would try to come in at lower price or have some type of competitive advantage. I see none. pass

BradleyBrew said:
You would think a new competitor would try to come in at lower price or have some type of competitive advantage. I see none. pass

6 bucks a vial is a lot cheaper than what I pay for WL or Wyeast...

I wouldn't say it's a lot cheaper. NB has all wyeast strains at $6.25. I'd be curious as far as the new yeast goes but wouldn't want to be a guinea pig when I know the quality of white labs and wyeast.

Don't know anything about them, but seems odd for someone to claim they are using WL or Wyeast without the slightest bit of factual information.

If it was offered locally I might try it. $6 is what I pay for WL or Wyeast at this point.

I might try their Trappist. I can sense a Braggot in mah future. ;)

Don't know anything about them, but seems odd for someone to claim they are using WL or Wyeast without the slightest bit of factual information.

If it was offered locally I might try it. $6 is what I pay for WL or Wyeast at this point.

Dude they all use the same strains. Either they bought them from BSI or one of the yeast libraries. There are probably instances where they broker a deal with a brewery, or isolate out of a bottle. I know if I was starting a yeast company I'd try and find a competitive advantage. Then in order to expand with more common strains I'd just basically offer what everyone else is offering.

Dude they all use the same strains. Either they bought them from BSI or one of the yeast libraries. There are probably instances where they broker a deal with a brewery, or isolate out of a bottle. I know if I was starting a yeast company I'd try and find a competitive advantage. Then in order to expand with more common strains I'd just basically offer what everyone else is offering.

Exactly. Find a really unique bottle-conditioned beer yeast, and cop it for a few generations. Then you have something nobody else is offering.

Latest posts

Back