New Year's resolution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loose some weight,get in shape and cut back on the beers.They all go hand in hand and will be difficult with a beer in said hand

I like to find shows that I really like to stream on a tablet while exercising and only let myself watch them on the treadmill. Makes the miles go by faster and motivates me to run.

Good Luck!

I always tell people if you can make it six weeks you'll be in shape and it'll come so much easier. Its those first weeks that are the worse.

Good luck! I know I'm always disappointed after riding my bike and find how few calories I burn over the 45 minute ride. It basically just covers the beers I drink that night.

I seem to have to modify my diet, AND get regular exercise, to make progress on weight. I need to find some entertainment for the exercise period. I hate being bored while on the bike.

^^ this is exactly right. I wish I could say I was a stranger to having to get in shape, but it seems like every couple years I have to do an about face and work hard at it. I'm pushing 50 now and it just gets harder every time. Thanks for the encouragement gentlemen!

Strict diet + weight training = best method for fat loss, IMHO. If you don't have access to weights or a gym, the treadmill will work as it's a relatively easy method to burn some calories. Good luck!

For New Years back in 2004, I resolved to never again make any New Year's Resolutions.

Over a decade of not having to worry about breaking a stupid promise to myself... :ban:

Calories In - Calories Out, if positive, weight gain, negative, weight loss. So eat like a bird and don't drink beer, or find something that burns calories and you enjoy. Oh, and having recently crossed that 50 yo barrier its also about not hurting yourself!! When weather permits road biking for 2+hrs is pure enjoyment, and sweat!

Latest posts

Back