New to forums - new to brewing!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigj_309

Reaction score
Hi guys, i've just yesterday started fermentation of my first home brew. I cheated for the first attempt and used a kit that had a premix wort with it, but all seems to be going well, airlock is bubbling away and so things are good. One thing i'm concerned about though is the hydrometer reading? The kit says that I should be getting OG of 1.060 but i got a reading of 1.054 is this anything to worry about? Will this just mean my resulting abv will be lower than expected? Thanks in advance, this brewing thing already seems addictive and i'm only just starting! I'm just turned 27 and my first child is due in 4 weeks so thought i'd finally give brewing a go after years of saying i wanted to!!

Welcome to brewing and the boards. You shouldn't have anything to worry about with your og and yeah, your resulting abv may be a bit lower but it will be fine. Good luck with the brew and the baby

Back