New to forums, looking for Fantasy Enthusiasts to try something different

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Playinitcool

Reaction score
Hey whats up everyone... My name's Chris (aka PlayinitCool) from Fantasy Brewmasters. I'll probably be hanging around the forums quite a bit coming up as we start working on a new recipe, so I thought I would introduce myself, and explain what we're working on.

The project is called Fantasy Brewmasters. The idea is to create Authentic Beers based on popular Fantasy Worlds like Middle Earth (Lord of the Rings) and Azeroth (World of Warcraft). These will include a Dwarven line of beers as well as a variety of Ogre, Troll, wizard, and dragon beers.

One of the exciting parts of the project is that it's based on fantasy, which gives us a little more freedom from standard beer styles and lets us focus on quality and authenticity (to a drinkable degree ;) ). The first beer is chalked up to be an Ogre Homebrew. We're starting to get to work on the recipe and would love to get some input from fantasy fans out there.

The project is open source, so what ever we build together will remain public property for your personal use, but we also plan to get it on the shelf for gamers and fantasy fans that don't brew their own.

If it sounds like something you'd be into, stop by the site and check us out:
http://www.FantasyBrewmasters.com

or you can go straight to the Ogre project here:
http://www.fantasybrewmasters.com/forums/18-project-hogwort/5-hogwort-the-rundown

Looks like a fantastic site here!
See you around the forums, happy brewing :D

Wow...this sounds...interesting. I suppose this is what homebrewing is all about...experimenting with new ideas, but I just couldn't see myself getting into this kind of thing. I prefer beer that actually exists.

I prefer beer that actually exists.

Well, a lot of the "authenticity" will be created through the story line and art work. I would expect a Dwarf to make a stout, and maybe even a beer that tasted like an IPA. We're expecting a full line of "normal" beers, but we're also excited to see what off the wall stuff we can come up with!

gonna check out your site for sure

Thats great, let me know what you think :D

*****"Laughing Gnome Invisible to isle 5, Laughing Gnome Invisible to isle 5"*****:D

Welcome to the forums.:mug:

Very interesting. I would love to see it lean towards the actually drinkable whenever possible. If you can take fantasy and have brewers make it reality that would be a win-win in my book.

And welcome.

Thanks for the Welcome Joker!

I agree, the majority will certainly be quality drinkable beers.

I was thinking about this Ogre beer today... I don't see an Ogre farming grain, but I could certainly see one raiding a farm and stealing their crops (and maybe a baby or two). Hops would probably be harder for an Ogre to come across though. He might be lucky to have one or two wild hop vines available, or we might consider trying some alternate bittering agents.

The Dwarven line would be more of a normal beer, considering they would have more advanced farming methods and a steampunk style brewery that rivaled those of the real world.

Should be a fun challenge :D

What are you, crazy? :cross:

Just kidding ;), you sound like you have a nice combo for your brewing & gaming/fantasy hobbies. How about a nice Dwarven Oatmeal Stout? I'll have to check out your website.

Good Luck. :rockin:

Back